Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client, an Oil and Gas Operator based in Westhill, is looking for a IS Datacentre Project Lead on a contract basis
Information Services provides the company with information solutions that are aligned with the Company Strategy. We work in partnership with the Business to introduce, innovate and apply digital technology in order to deliver productivity gains and competitive advantage to the Company, ensuring all solutions provided are fit for purpose. We assist the business with all its information and digital requirements, providing a reliable, efficient and cost effective service in order to ensure that our customers can manage their information and collaborate effectively.
• Reporting to the IT Operations Leader, the job-holder plans and provides IS infrastructure facilities to meet user requirements, corporate strategy and directives from IT management.
• Supervises HQ & TGITS (Group IT Services) and vendors in the accomplishment of the above objectives
• The IT Operations group implements and supports all applications and Information Systems used by the Company; this includes PCs, laptops, UNIX & Linux Workstations, Windows Servers, UNIX servers, Linux servers, storage subsystems, Email, Intranet, remote access services, printers, plotters, scanners, telephones, smartphones, tablets etc.
End user training and awareness are also for critical components in the delivery of complex IT services. The Client's UK IT infrastructure and design must be delivered in a manner consistent with that defined by the Client's HQ although this does not prevent the jobholder identifying opportunities to provide local value add solutions where appropriate, in a fast evolving global IT environment.
• Personal commitment to the SHEI&S Policy:- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and Company SHEI&S standards. Actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes
• Manage the complete portfolio of IS/ITO projects, ensuring that resources are managed optimally and business priorities and properly considered.
• Define and deliver IS/ITO projects safely and within budget constraints.
• Adhere to IS defined project management methodology ensuring proper visibility of each project for IS management.
• Track information on the current status of all projects in the organisation, and provide project visibility to management in a common and consistent manner using a variety of reporting methods and metrics
• Maintain a project document repository.
• Ensure that contracts, services and negotiations with both internal and external IS suppliers are aimed at meeting the business needs of the organisation.
• Make significant contributions to the Company IS strategy and policies
• Identify and contribute towards the promotion of opportunities for Information Systems to add value or improve the efficiency of the business
• Develop relationships within the Client to ensure all projects are in line with company policies and can be executed efficiently within the company context.
• Advise and influence business clients and customers, at management level regarding the delivery, costs, availability and functionality of services and systems and develop effective partnerships with suppliers and customers.
• Represent the Company with external bodies and at Group level through participation in industry & professional forums
• Clearly identify goals and objectives and motivate & lead others towards their achievement
• Manage, co-ordinate, describe and drive the IS Architecture plan and the main issues/actions that need to be addressed within a five-year horizon.
• Apply and share where appropriate detailed technical knowledge of topics, both in the context of a project or on request from other IS services.
• Monitor the Client's Group Architecture plan to:
o Ensure that technical consistency and integration is achieved for all IT/IS systems and solutions
o Ensure that our systems will enable us to meet the business's future expectations
o Ensure that our systems will evolve in a manner that will satisfy IS requirements for resilience & integrity
o Ensure that we remain aligned with developments in the industry & Group
• Enable IS work to be planned and prioritised proactively
• Delivering significant business value to the operational efficiency of the organisation through the provision and management of effective IT projects.
• Propose and deliver IT solutions that are critical to operational efficiency and which meet business goals, performance targets and agreed service levels within budget
• Maintaining an effective profile in the organisation in order to identify and promote opportunities for IT Services to add value or improve efficiency
• Educated to Degree level, with appropriate IS experience in an upstream petroleum environment.
• Experience & Understanding of Enterprise Storage, Backup and Virtualisation Technologies ( specifically Nutanix, Data Domain, NetApp, VMware, Networker).
• Expert knowledge of project management, methodologies and implementation.
• Able to understand, explain and present complex project and organisational ideas at senior levels in a persuasive and convincing manner.