Katy, Texas, United States
Katy, Texas, United States
Skills: Business Development, HR - Trainer / Instructor
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Katy, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
With a complete spectrum of solutions, courses and learning tools, PetroSkills is developing competent petroleum professionals in all technical processes, spanning the industry's entire value chain, worldwide. PetroSkills services and solutions connect learning to the workplace, allowing employers to manage and assure the competence of workers at every level.
We're at a critical point where the ability to apply knowledge at the point of work becomes ever more crucial and we need experienced professionals to help develop the leading edge technical professionals of tomorrow.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Business Development, the Training and Competency Advisor is the primary PetroSkills contact for external corporate clients and members who are interested in pursuing long-term mutually beneficial training and competency relationships with PetroSkills. The incumbent is responsible for managing training business opportunities from the Regional Sector clients. The incumbent proactively responds to the demand for PetroSkills training solutions and manages key strategic training partner relationships. This position requires a high degree of self-direction, the ability to set priorities and achieve results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage customer relationships, based on the agreed-upon sales process, through contract execution and establishing basis for continued business
- Manage an overview of all requested and required training
- Development of training strategies for PetroSkills members and strategic clients
- Build and maintain an up-to-date training opportunity calendar in the Customer Management System
- Conduct a yearly training revenue forecast and budget
- Provide direct business support to PetroSkills training departments
- Qualify and prioritize incoming training and competency development initiatives on a proactive basis that results in achieving assigned training delivery targets as agreed between the Vice President and the Training and Competency Advisor
- Develop new customers, through establishing relationships with technical and business contacts to develop solutions for current and future training requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand comprehensive and sophisticated energy sector training services and products at a senior and executive management level
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and presentation abilities to executive level personnel
- Dedication to excellence in customer service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including negotiation and mediation
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Commitment to fully leverage PetroSkills ability to provide training solutions to the benefit of our members customers
- Knowledge of the energy sector and the products and services of PetroSkills
Education, Experience and Certification:
- A baccalaureate (Bachelor) degree in a business management discipline, human resources or a petroleum engineering or related degree
- Minimum 7 years' experience in the oil sector and or training industry