Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Schlumberger has an opening in Sugar Land, Texas for a Scientific Computing Engineer. The Scientific Computing Engineer will contribute to the development of numerical simulators that support oilfield acid stimulation operations. The typical development cycle includes mathematical model derivation, development of numerical solvers, calibration of the solvers, validation and documentation. The Scientific Computing Engineer will also support the commercial deployment of the simulators and participate to the training of internal and external customers.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Develop numerical simulation models in the context of acid stimulation operations, including deriving mathematical models, selecting appropriate numerical methods to solve the models, and implementing them in a compiled language.
- Calibrate and validate numerical simulation models with results from experiments. Collaborate with other team members to define experimental needs and process experimental results.
- Work together with software teams to integrate simulators in a commercial offering.
- Create case studies based on data collected during actual operations and produce training materials for acid stimulation personnel and E&P companies acid stimulation experts.
- Develop acid stimulation domain expertise and provide support to acid stimulation personnel.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, with thesis related to one or more of the following: reaction engineering, mass transfer operations, fluid flow, rheology.
- 3 years' experience with the simulation of reactive aqueous chemical systems and simulation of flow in porous media.
- Programming and numerical methods skills
- Knowledge of compiled languages (C, C++ and Fortran) with experience with source control
- Knowledge of either finite volume or finite elements techniques highly desired.
- Expert level English written and verbal communication skill
- Interpersonal skills and Team player
- Pro-active, self-motivated and eager to acquire knowledge
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.