NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within multiple industries. Our client is a global leader in our industry and expects to continue to grow organically and through acquisitions. The Business Unit Controller will be an integral part of the team - providing accounting and financial analysis in terms operational and sales engineers can understand and apply to the business to improve decisions and profit. The ideal candidate has strong accounting and business partnering skills, and enjoys leading process improvements and change management. This opportunity will provide solid growth potential near term as well as broader opportunity long-term across the full company portfolio. Reports to
: The Chief Financial Officer Direct Reports
: none Responsibilities:
- Be an advisor and confidant to the CFO and Business Unit management. This will require gaining an in depth knowledge of the business, its operations, its vendors, its customers and its markets.
- Identify internal customers' requirements and build plans to meet them.
- Active participant in Rockefeller Habits business planning process.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction/containment; recommend, and implement.
Accounting and reporting
- Develop and maintain product costing across all manufacturing and warehouse sites
- Provide profit analysis by product type, customer and market to help staff identify where the company makes the most money.
- Accurate entry or review of invoices and source documents into ERP system.
- Ensure that inventory transactions (production, buy/sell; domestic and international) are timely recorded and balances are accurate. Establish cutoff for A/P and inventory, shipping & receiving.
- Prepare monthly financial statements by the 5th work day of the month, including analysis and explanation of unusual items and trends prior to final financial reports being published.
- Investigate and report on significant financial statement variances compared to Plan.
- Prepare insightful workpaper analyses of General Ledger accounts.
- Work closely with various departments to provide understanding of financial initiatives including financial forecasts and report variances.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls over company assets and risks the company assumes.
- Assist in business acquisition analysis, due diligence and integration.
- Develop relevant and timely key indicators for the business.
- Backup for the Corporate Controller
Planning & Forecasting
- Collaborate with business unit leaders and contribute to the annual Plan.
- Maintain a current forecast of projected results by quarter and for the full year.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism.
- Cross-training / backup with corporate financial and accounting staff.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Monitor industry, national and international economic events that may impact operations.
- Must have a minimum of 5-10 years of progressive work experience with significant experience within a manufacturing setting, including product costing.
- Experience as a Business Unit or Corporate Controller preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Up-to-date knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficiency in Excel (including financial modeling and databases) to interpret, report and communicate information.
- Experience with Infor XA / MAPICS ERP and accounting software or comparable systems
- Fluently speak, read and write in English. Spanish and/or Mandarin language skills would be a plus.
- Commit, when required, to foreign and domestic travel up to 20% of working time
- Strong communication and presentation skills - both verbal and written - to support interactions at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail while maintaining a "big picture" business perspective
- The ability to plan the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of work.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, while managing multiple priorities.
- General ledger accounting skills.
- Strong process improvement and analytical thinking skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to timelines
- Superior critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.