Skills: Risk Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rijswijk, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell Asset Management Company B.V. (SAMCo) is the dedicated in-house asset manager for the Royal Dutch Shell plc group, sponsored pension funds and insurance companies and currently manages around USD 85 billion of assets for its clients.
SAMCo is supervised by the Authority for the Financial Markets and the Dutch Central Bank.
The company is internationally oriented with clients in 10 different countries and approximately 150 employees. SAMCo's objective is to provide high quality and cost effective investment advice and asset management services to its clients.
On behalf of its clients, SAMCo invests in fixed income, equities, and alternative investment categories such as private equity funds, real estate funds and other investment funds, all over the world.
Continuous change in financial markets and regulation as well as the diversity of SAMCo's clients and the products they invest in, make it a professionally challenging environment to work in. By joining SAMCo you will benefit from a high quality professional work environment that will help to propel your career.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Portfolio Manager Fundamental Equity to join the Equity department of Shell Asset Management Company BV (SAMCo) in Rijswijk. The Equity department consists of 12 people who manage approximately EUR 15 billion of assets across a number of different portfolios.
The Senior Portfolio Manager will join the Fundamental Equity team that manages a number of Fundamental Equity Strategies on behalf of our clients. In addition to this, s/he may be involved in SAMCo-wide project work.
Within the Equity department the Fundamental Equity team currently consists of 6 individuals that manages security selection and systematic portfolios in a global context. As a Senior Portfolio Manager you will be the lead or co-lead portfolio manager for one of more portfolios.
What is the role about?
The Senior Portfolio Manager Fundamental Equity will manage or co-manage one or more Fundamental Equity portfolios. This will involve research of ideas from origination to validation including valuation. This may involve occasional to regular travel to companies under research and conferences. The portfolio management will involve an input into position sizing, risk management and trade generation. Finally, the position will also involve frequent interactions with other parts of the organization, including performance- and risk management, as well as trading and settlement related activities.
In summary, the main responsibilities are as follows:
• Acting as lead or co-lead portfolio manager for one or more Fundamental Equity portfolios;
• Interacting with other Front Office departments;
• Interacting with other SAMCo-departments, including Back- and middle-office as well as supporting functions;
• Contributing on an as-needed basis to SAMCo-wide project work.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
What do we need from you?
You'll have a master's degree from a leading university with top grades, preferably augmented with an MBA qualification from a leading Business School and/or a CFA qualification. In addition, 10+ years of experience as a portfolio manager is required.
• You have strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, in addition to the capacity to translate complex analyses into a concise investment case;
• A strong ability to convey investment opinions in a structured manner, combined with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• A good verbal and written command of the English language; You are able to tailor your message to your audience and have good presentation skills;
• A hands-on team player mentality who enjoys collaborating with an international group of experienced investment professionals;
• You'll be effective at building relationships, and at influencing and negotiating in a challenging environment.
• You are familiar with ESG portfolio integration.
• Experience in portfolio management in a global context would be an advantage.
What do we offer you?
• working in a small team with opportunities to be involved in a broad group of activities
• working in an internationally oriented, dynamic and challenging environment
• attractive opportunities for professional development within Fundamentals but also in other alternative investment categories
• SAMCo offers competitive employment conditions
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.