Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Halliburton are looking for a Procurement Specialist on a permanent basis, located in Aberdeen.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for the procurement of goods and services at the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) to the company whilst ensuring compliance with the companies policies and procedures
- To source and purchase materials and services in the most efficient and cost effective method in accordance with company procedures.
- To ensure that a full audit trail is maintained for all procurement transactions.
- To provide procurement expertise and actively engage with user groups to develop sourcing plans and strategies.
- To formally appraise and measure supplier performance using the FPAL process.
- To identify and recommend suppliers whilst ensuring single or sole sourcing is justified and documented.
- To progress and expedite outstanding orders to achieve agreed delivery dates and ensure that outstanding commitments are accurately reflected on the procurement and supply chain system.
- To proactively identify potential supply agreement opportunities.
- To monitor procurement performance within the company and identify areas for improvement and savings.
- Facilitate resolution of invoice queries with Accounts Payable and / or Supplier
- To run and provide statistical reports and measurements.
- To act as the point of contact to provide guidance to the Product Service Lines (PSLs)
- Familiarise with the company Policies, including the policies on HSE, Risk Management and Major Hazards;
- Familiarise with the company's Management System and its meaning for day-to-day work;
- Report any incident, near miss, hazards (unsafe acts/situations) and improvement suggestions;
- Know their roles and responsibilities;
- Actively participate in any job or HSE training or instruction by or on behalf of the company
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Degree educated and / or CIPS qualified with relevant industry experience (minimum 2 years)
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Familiarity of Terms and Conditions of Purchase
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Display high standards of ethical and professional behaviour
- Highly motivated self-starter and comfortable to work on own initiative as well as being a good team player.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 66217
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.