Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Buyer - Richmond Refinery located in Richmond , CA California /United States through November 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Buyer position provides procurement support for the Richmond Refinery.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Order placement , expediting and administration of routine (e.g. contract ‘call offs') purchases. This may include catalyst, chemicals, salt, pipes valves/ fittings etc., and complex purchase s and/or service orders (e.g. "single event" service orders, low-medium complexity engineered items and general labor orders).
- Prepares RFP/RFQ documents, performs commercial evaluations of supplier quotes, assists stakeholders with qualification (SQ), facilitates bid clarification meetings, provides recommendation for award and order generation.
- Negotiates with suppliers on behalf of the refinery regarding various commercial and operational matters related to orders including; surplus material returns, disposition and material and damage claims. Coordinates material shipments with suppliers and transportation companies as necessary and stays abreast of applicable HAZMAT and export compliance regulations.
- E fficient management of the Procurement through Payables process including advocacy for use of eProcurement tools and purchasing/contracting best practices. Ensures proper terms and conditions are included on all purchase/service orders. Ensures purchasing activities are consistent with purchasing policies and philosophies (i.e. material standardization and use of contracts). Ensures compliance with Policy 530.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years demostrated Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer experience.
- Demostrate ability to work effectively in a muli-discipline environment, handling muliple projects with demanding schedules.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel Spreadsheets, Word, Email and PowerPoint.
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Economics, or Engineering
- SAP and/or Ariba knowledge
- Procurement and/or Materials Management in a refinery or similar operational environment.
- Experience in sourcing and negotiating contracts (Legal terms and conditions)
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.