The Asset Engineer is the subject matter expert for pressure equipment and other mechanical process equipment. They prepare guidelines for sites, advise on inspection results and oversee new installations and repairs to ensure Shell and local standards are attained. Reports to the General Manager but has a support role for all the manufacturing sites. The position could be placed at either the Martinez or Pittsburg catalyst, manufacturing sites, but the main focus will be at once of the two sites.
• Provide a wide range of mechanical and structural engineering services for Design, Analysis, Re-rating and Fitness-for-service evaluations of Pressure Equipment within the CRI/Criterion Group.
• Primarily support needs for California Sites but acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other CRI/Criterion sites on mechanical design and inspection
• Develop and maintain a defined program for sustaining the aggregate body of assets through planned maintenance, repair, and replacement
• Manage all pressure equipment and safety crucial equipment inspection and prioritization program
• Perform technical evaluations of bids of Pressure Vessels and API Storage Tanks
• Validate project design work quality and construction quality for new builds
• Appropriately apply Shell Engineering Standards to CRI/Criterion projects
• Work with Reliability Engineer and Pressure equipment inspector to maintain all the site assets.
• Support site project needs including small project design, temporary facilities, MOC and oversite of performed work.
• Be familiar with basic corrosion and other degradation mechanisms and their effect on equipment.
• Support investigations on all failures of pressure equipment to determine the cause or suspected cause
• Understands the information in and organization of applicable codes, standards, recommended practices, and be capable of finding information relevant to a particular issue.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering; other Engineering degrees acceptable with relevant experience
- Minimum eight (8) years of asset management, plant engineering or mechanical design and inspection experience
- Must have experience in pressure equipment/ solids manufacturing handling
- Strong understanding of ASME Codes and standards (B31.3) with a strong understanding of API 650 - 579 is required
- Prior experience with performing industry code calculations (ASME, API) new and repurposed vessels, reactor, heat exchangers and tanks.
- Knowledge of Shell systems (IMS) a plus
- Technical experience with both solids and liquids handling equipment in a manufacturing facility is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to make presentations to groups.
- Able to work remotely to support other sites and to provide real-time advice effectively.
- Strong computer skills; CAD proficiency is preferred.
- Ability to communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead and manage the activities of others.
- Periodic travel to other sites for inspections and meetings
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.