Skills: Rig Manager
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sakhalin Oblast, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shall bear general responsibility for safety commitment when working at the drilling rig.
Performing duties subject to Rig Superintendant.
Authority, responsibility and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise and ensure safe work of the rig crew and quality and operational efficiency.
- Shall be responsible for agreement of
- the list of materials, drilling tools, fuel, pipes and etc. and their supply to the drilling rig.
- Ensure implementation and carrying out of preventive measures adopted in the Company
- Shall be responsible for realization and explanation of principles and methods adopted in the Company.
- Shall be responsible for implementation and strict execution of professional training programs/safety training adopted in the Company and ensure proper preparation of every new employee.
- Shall be responsible for labor discipline and workers behavior at the drilling rig.
- Define and agree optimum drilling conditions based on experience, usage of data from neighbor or similar wells and (or) programs of optimized drilling.
- Shall be responsible for scheduled inspections of the drilling rig and storage of all reports which are related to drilling rig operation.
- Shall be aware of repair of drill pipes and drill collars, BOP block and etc. together with drilling supervisor and production director.
- Keep and transfer information on operation and defects of equipment, drilling rig and drill string. This data can be required for equipment upgrade, its usage, content and maintenance as well as for improvement of economic factors of drilling.
- Conducts annual appraisal of drilling personnel, fills out the appropriate forms and shall be responsible for the accuracy of information.
- Shall bear direct or indirect responsibility for drilling rig recruitment on the subject.
- Teach and help the driller with rig crews training on safe work methods, correct operations performance and rules for servicing and maintenance of the drilling equipment.
- Send rig crews for installation and operation of power units, drawworks and other drilling equipment.
- Help the Company Director on professional training and safety system to carry out drilling rig inspections and weekly meetings on safety issues.
- Trains workers drilling crew workers, sharing his skills and experience whenever possible
- To be able to plan work;
to plan rescue operations;
teach employees to use equipment, devices, mechanisms; to check the serviceability of equipment and devices;
maintain documentation on work with facilities and PPE; to organize the evacuation and rescue of victims; implement suitable PPE and inspect them before use.
- Promotion of good attitude among fellow workers
- Execute one-time instructions of direct Manager and Head of the Company
Supervise drillers and other individuals holding lower level positions.
- vocational education in oil&gas (drilling).
- 3+ years experience in the position on 2000 horse powers land rig.
- NOV equipment experience (top drive)
- Fluent English language is necessary.
- Shall have good logic thinking and common sense.
- Shall possess himself and ensure safety of the crew members in emergency situations.
- Shall not find himself or others in situation when there is direct threat or significant risk of causing significant harm to safety or health.
- Shall be committed to high safety standards and shall have desire and abilities to comply with all laws and regulations related to safety system and follow Company policy in terms of safety.