Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This Production Support Engineer position is a key role in our Shell QGC Team, supporting a portfolio of work within our Shell Operated assets. The position is a member of a dedicated, multi-disciplinary operations team focused on optimising both in the short and medium term across their area to maximise volume and value to QGC. Reporting to the WRFM Surveillance Lead, it is accountable for the responsible and safe delivery of production in their respective region.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Develop field start up scenarios to support field commissioning.
- Daily production monitoring and analysis
- Act as an interface between ICE and Field ops
- Proactively maintain and develop close working relationships with the various working groups in QGC.
- Delivery of the production forecasting volumes, aligning field priority and rig schedule setting to achieve production targets.
- Accountable for daily well loss management across their respective catchment area. Support the Area PT on WRFM activities
- Updates and monitors well production trends and discusses daily remedial actions with WRFM Surveillance Lead, PT and Field Teams.
- Liaises with the Field Production team to deliver the required volumes of gas to meet daily nominations, maximising the production potential across the field.
- Accountable FBHP optimisation and tracking
- Accountable for daily gathering flow assurance management
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have/be;
- Engineering degree preferred in Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical or another technical related discipline.
- Experience in a technical position; including Production Operations, Well Engineering, Process Engineering, Production Technology or Reservoir Engineering is an advantage but not a requirement.
- CSG industry experience is an advantage.
- High commitment to safety and environment.
- Recognised strong technical player in the Production Operations community
- Experience in the use of Production Systems for monitoring real-time operations
- Familiarity with and understanding of the reasons behind past success in the continuous improvement of CSG production operations
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to work collaboratively & lead effectively in/and across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, based in various locations, whilst maintaining a high work level of work ethic, being able to work autonomously and being passionate about diving our company's performance individually and through others.
If you have these skills, relevant engineering qualifications and have the specialist competencies and experience relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors we would love to hear from you
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video