Skills: Business Analyst, Business Development, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
As the Global Sustainability Manager, you will be responsible for developing, coordinating and overseeing the implementation of the Sustainable Development program and processes for Halliburton on a global basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all major elements of the company Sustainable Development program reporting; including, but not limited to, the annual Corporate Sustainability Report (CSR), the annual Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) survey, and the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
- Assesses materiality factors to establish long-term priorities and the overall mission and competitive Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy for the Company, which address the concerns expressed directly by external stakeholders and relevant international standards.
- Works closely with company executive management and senior leaders to influence, drive and optimize the company's Sustainable Development Guiding Principles by identifying opportunities across the organization for improving key ESG indicators.
- Collaborate with leaders of functional groups (e.g. Human Resources, Investor Relations, Supply Chain, HSE Service Quality and Continuous Improvement, Business Development, Legal) to incorporate company sustainability goals into their operation and planning initiatives.
- Develops near-term (e.g. 3-year) company strategic plans to set goals, establish metrics and KPIs to measure and communicate progress toward achieving success on the company's Sustainable Development initiatives.
- Provides leadership on Sustainable Development program marketing, communication and outreach; oversees changes, updates, and improvements to corporate sustainability marketing materials; acts as the primary contact and subject matter expert for interfacing with customers and suppliers on Sustainable Development.
- Assists in the development of the Company's published positions, and represents the Company's interests through active engagement in industry groups, governmental and non-governmental organizations, etc., on sustainable development issues.
- A Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science or Engineering, Social Science, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or Finance.
- A Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience working with CSR metrics and measurement; ESG data collection, analysis and reporting following the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, UN Sustainable Development Goals, or equivalent.
- Experience in effective interactions with company executive and senior management to communicate, influence and drive support for a company-wide sustainability program.
- Experience with initiatives specific to the oil and gas industry including IPIECA, TCFD, SASB, London Benchmarking Group, UN Global Compact, etc.
- An advanced degree such as an MBA, MPP, MS or MPH is preferred and may be used to substitute a portion of the required work experience.
- In-depth understanding of strategic planning, change management, organizational development, program integration techniques and Corporate Responsibility practices that drive assimilation.
- Proven experience successfully incorporating cohesive strategies for company infrastructure, brand and culture for increased business value.
- Ability to build strong relationships and gain trust and support, particularly at senior leadership levels; must be adept at influencing and building credibility in cross-functional environments.
- Ability to understand and analyze business strategy for applicability and opportunities to drive sustainability and CSR program development.
- Experience leading, motivating and influencing teams to accomplish goals while fostering a strong collaborative work environment.
- Ability to provide creative and agile solutions that unify best practices and business needs in a scalable, sustainable approach.
- While the role has a global responsibility, prior experience that has focused on the North American market is strongly preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 66183
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: HSE
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.