Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Luanda, Luanda Province, Angola
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Training and Competency Instructor is responsible for the preparation, provision, and delivery of training to company employees and to any external parties as required. This can include client representatives or members of the public. The Instructor will be required to provide training on proprietary equipment, relevant processes, safety related topics, and soft skills associated with company objectives.
• Previous training delivery experience essential.
• Experience of working with casing tools or a technical background in oilfield activity is essential.
• Previous offshore experience would be beneficial.
• Recognised training qualification would be beneficial.
• Experience in vocational assessment would be beneficial.
Key Functional Skills
• Fluent in English and Portuguese
• An excellent communicator and team leader capable of identifying and adopting best practices, generating a spirit of cooperation in multi-cultural groups and motivating optimum performance throughout the function.
• Practical approach to problem solving, with the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form and develop satisfactory outcomes.
• Ability to elicit co-operation from a wide variety of sources, including Senior Management, clients and other departments within the organization.
• Has a proactive work ethic with strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Deliver training to all relevant parties and evaluate delegate performance as described above in accordance with the learning objectives laid out in the course material.
• Evaluate delegates whilst on training courses identifying areas for improvement and where necessary modify curriculums to eliminate deficiencies.
• Provide delegates with honest and constructive feedback to aid in skills development, and support development with tailored solutions as required.
• Responsible for continuous improvement and development of training delivery material.
• Responsible for accurate record keeping and storage using company recording systems and methods.
• Update and maintain Training and Competence records within various databases and create reports as appropriate.
• Provide regular written reports to management on the effectiveness and delivery of training and on the progress of KPI's related to the Learning and Development function. Ensure that training and career development programmes are being actively managed and reported to relevant Management.
• Work in partnership with line manager on learning and development needs for departments.
• Provide training, development and competency input into tenders.
• Keep up to date with training, development and technical initiatives, including legislation and best practice.
• Preparation of Training and Competence documents as required.
• Support internal and external audits within the business.
• Offshore travel maybe required to support infield assessments and audits.
• Liaise with operations to coordinate training schedule and training course bookings.
• Organise course literature / materials and delegate welfare requirements.
• Ensure Learning & Development activities conform to all internal and external compliance requirements, taking a proactive lead in promoting and engendering company safety and core values
• Leads the delivery and maintenance of a Competence Management System, interfacing with robust and motivational Career Development Programs.
• Upkeep and development of competency matrix as per operational demands.