Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
AREA MANAGER - CORE ANALYSIS
Coordinates activities of either Core Analysis or Reservoir Geology laboratories, across multiple locations in the United States to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and to maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or though subordinate supervisors
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Helps to develop and implement organization policies and goals.
- Coordinates activities of departments so as to effect operational efficiency and economy.
- Coordinates promotion of services performed to develop new markets, increase share of market, and obtain competitive position in industry.
- Analyzes department budget requests to identify areas in which improvements can be made.
- Confers with administrative and professional personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Provides directives to department supervisors outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Communicates with clients to ensure client satisfaction.
- Responds to customer inquiries via telephone, online network, and mail.
- Maintains orderly operations across the region.
- Reviews, oversees and improve programs and safety at the assigned locations.
- Supervises team of Department Managers, distributes projects and monitors the
- Productivity of each Department Manager.
- Communicates with Department Managers regarding turnaround time and analytical priorities and follows up to make sure projects are completed within specific turnaround time.
- Assigns all laboratory analytical priorities.
- Advises upper management on product development issues arising from product problems identified through technical experience and contact with customers.
- Handles customer problems that appear to arise from the sampling and analysis.
- Recommends capital expenditures priorities to Division/Corporate Management.
- Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records.
- Negotiates contact terms and pricing with client companies.
- Plans and schedules levels of support according to turn around schedules.
- Reviews and coordinates salary and other compensation levels for staff.
Manages lab managers and supervisors who supervise segments of a total of approximately 200 employees in the US Rocks operation. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to contribute to conversations. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Smoking and consuming food or drinks are not permitted in Petroleum Services laboratories and offices.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.