Skills: Port Operations
Other Skills: Harbour, Port Administration, Maritime, Pollution Monitoring, Risk Assessments
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Key ResponsibilitiesTo implement applicable laws and regulations and to manage traffic of all vessels visiting the Port.To liaise with the government authorities for handling port Authority's related activities and issues. The role holder is also responsible to liaise with HSE to ensure HSE & ISPS compliance in the port, and ensure all marine service requirements for the port are complied with.
- Ensure effective and efficient execution of applicable laws and regulations in the port he is nominated for.
- Oversee that all processes and activities related to the port are carried out in compliance with the guidelines laid down
- Oversee and control the marine movement within the Port Limits
- Ensure maritime laws and regulations set by the Federal Government, Abu Dhabi Government, DOT and Abu Dhabi Ports are enforced in the port and ensure complete adherence to the guidelines
- Be fully aware of international maritime conventions adopted by the UAE and ensure complete compliance with these conventions
- Assist the Chief Harbour Master in developing and implementing maritime strategy for the port
- Work with Abu Dhabi Ports security team as well as the maritime and border security agencies to ensure that the port is secured from a maritime perspective
- Report any navigational hazard (change of depth, wreck, etc...) to MarineInformation Officer in order to be incorporated in UKHO documents
- Ensure HSE compliance in port related operations and also to monitor the HSSE licensing system. Ensure that safe working environment
prevails in the prt in order to keep marine risks at a minimum
- Set and follow up performance standards covering Port control, vessel operations and qualifications, training, licensing and performance of personnel for marine operations in the port, and report deficencies to Chief Harbour Master when necessary
- Review third party risk assessments and ensure implementation of control measures
- Periodically review and amend Navigational Risk Assessment for the Port
- Ensure issue of marine notices and navigation warnings for the ports as well as vessels in liaison with Chief Harbour Master Office
- Coordinate and cooperate with marine operations administrators, Coastguard, and other maritime related authorities in the respective port
- Oversee anti-pollution monitoring, emergency response planning and enforcement of anti-pollution regulations
- Act as a marine incident commander.
- Work with incident management team for conducting investigation and recommending corrective action for marine related incidents and follow up the implementation of corrective action
- Liaise with HSE to ensure full adherence to theISPS Code (International Security for Ports and Ships) in the port (where applicable)
- Work with the team to timely remove any wreckage that has been created due to various operations being conducted at the port in order to ensure smooth flow of operations
- Report monthly and annually on Port's marine operations performance
- Make any other report as requested by Chief Harbour Master office
- Perform any other ports related duty as assigned by Chief Harbour Master
People Management Responsibilites:
- Develop departmental budgets in conjunction with the Unit's budget, track expenses and ensure adherence
- Finalize the manning needs of the department and obtain requisite approvals
- Manage the team by evaluating the performance of team members, providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching them to ensure ongoing capability development
- Conduct trainings for the Abu Dhabi Ports team on various aspects on which the role holder has subject matter expertise
HSE & Security responsibilities:
- Lead the Division/ Department toward implementing HSE policy and procedures.
- Align departmental objectives with Corporate HSE objectives and annual action plan.
- Lead the process of identifying hazards in the workplace, risks monitoring and impacts evaluation and ensure that corrective and controlling actions are implemented.
- Maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the Division/ Department to maintain safe working environment.
- Encourage individuals to report HSE observation, near miss and incident.
- Review Division/ Department HSE Performance and monitor continual improvements
Knowledge and Skills
Education & Technical Qualifications - Class 1Master
Language Skills - Written and Spoken English is essent ial,Arabic is preferred
Years of Experience - A minimum of 5 - 8 years of relevant experience
Nature of Experience - Master and Pilotage experience and Port administration (Harbour master) experience
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.