Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
We are hiring a talented Cost Accountant Team Lead to join our team in Cotroceni offices, Bucharest. In this role you will be responsible for a team of professionals with tasks encompassing daily and weekly transactional processing, monthly and quarter end closing plus project support of annual plant-wide cost rolls. A key responsibility of this role will be to ensure the integrity of the balance sheet and accounting records. The ability to develop strong working relationships from a centralized Hub with personnel located remotely will be critical to success. This also implies a high level of service commitment to internal customers when requests are received. The Team Lead position will need to be able to adapt in a newly created, evolving Hub environment, make needed process improvements, utilize KPI's to drive change and build/train a successful team of accountants.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits as well as challenge and progression in your role. With a growing team and the opportunity to work flexible hours there has ever been a better time to join the Cameron, Schlumberger team!
- Establishment of current standard cost estimates and support of the annual cost roll process.
- Review of weekly batch settlement jobs, cost on order imbalances, labour/network confirmations and FI-CO reconciliation to identify, assist and resolve discrepancies or error messages.
- Review of billing due list for items preventing release of invoices.
- Review of aged work-in-process orders, unvouchered payables, in-transit inventory items and manual inventory accounts to identify, assist and resolve in clearing delayed or failed transactions.
- Review of postings to inventory allowance accounts and subsequent adjustment to shrinkage, obsolescence, FIFO revaluation and fair market value reserves as appropriate.
- Review of plant accounting reports for variances from standard cost involving purchased materials, in-bound freight, manufactured orders and cost centre spending/absorption.
- Completion of account reconciliations related to inventory, unvouchered and consigned payables.
- Ensuring compliance with controls & governance, monitoring application and adherence to Company policies.
- Interaction directly with internal and external auditors during periods of review.
- Posting of standard accruals and other monthly/quarterly closing adjustments as necessary.
- Review of monthly assessment cycle processing to confirm proper & complete allocation of indirect labour, operational support and depreciation expenses.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related discipline.
- Seven plus years of operations or plant accounting experience, cost accounting, managerial accounting.
- Strong SAP experience, especially in the CO module.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written in English.
- MBA and/or Master's in Accounting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese would be a plus.
- Required Licenses/ Certifications.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.