Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron Oronite is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Operation Specialist located in Jurong Island, Singapore through January 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Operations Specialist supports asset ownership of assigned plant areas. He/She is expected to understand and communicate production plan requirements and work with cross functional teams such as operations shift teams, planning, maintenance, project and process engineering to prioritize plant activities to ensure safe, reliable and efficient production. This role requires highly analytical individuals who will be heavily involved in leading the troubleshooting of the daily plant issues. This role requires effective communication of priorities and instructions through the daily operating and supplementary instructions, and review maintenance/project work priorities through daily, weekly and long term planning meetings:
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for identifying critical areas that require continuity between shifts and ensure appropriate assigning of work priority to minimize unplanned activities
- Assists Operations Area Supervisor in troubleshooting of plant related issue, work with shift teams and other work process teams to implement proposed actions
- Performs as an Operations/Maintenance Coordinator (OMC) to be accountable for the priority of the Maintenance Work Request raised and Schedule/PM Compliance
- Arranges additional manpower and provides instruction to LOTO system to facilitate maintenance and shutdown activities
- Manages PM non-compliance and facilitates SWP deviation and critical protection bypasses
- Monitors catalyst inventory and coordinates non-routine waste disposal with waste disposal company
- Coordinates the implementation of Capital Projects and Management of Change (MOC) as the Operations representative in the Project scoping and execution
- Responsible in driving Safety Culture within Operations by leading/participating in WOPAR audit, development of JSRA for Operations led tasks
- Leads Safety or Reliability incidents up to Level 1 consequences and participate in other higher IIR and RIR consequence investigation
- Provides coaching to junior Operations Specialists and Turnaround Coordinators during developmental assignment
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering
- With 3 to 5 years relevant experience in the refinery, petrochemical or chemical industry
- Experience working in operational function will be an added advantage
- Ability to coordinate multiple cross-functional activities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to attach to Process Engineering department as a short-term assignment to gain technical knowledge in additives processes
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.