Shell Norco is a 1,000-acre manufacturing complex, located in Norco, Louisiana, approximately 20 miles from New Orleans. Shell Norco Manufacturing Complex is a fully integrated petrochemical and refining facility that operates 24 hours a day.
The Process Safety Engineer is an individual contributor position and reports to the Norco Process Safety Team lead. The role will interface with all levels of the site organization from operators to members of the Site Leadership Team.
The role will provide production unit Process Safety support, to include overall leadership, strategy, technical expertise, assurance, and delivery of PSM tactics. Focus on PHA/HEMP facilitation and overall reduction of LOPC's for the unit, in alignment with the direction of the site's strategy and targets. Support MOC technical reviews and Safeguarding Engineering work. Position reports directly to the Process Safety Team Lead. Accountabilities:
Hazard and Effect Management Process (HEMP) / Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Support the business to identify HSE hazards, assess risk and document the effects through the HEMP process. Managing all red risks and 5A and 5B risks, HEMP Safety Critical Equipment, and the 3rd Handshake Process.
- Facilitate 2-3 5-year PHA revalidations per year.
- Understand and support all applicable HEMP Standards and Practices.
- Support MOC's through the facilitation of HAZOPs.
Production Unit Support:
- Facilitate HSE Production Team Meetings, lead and participate in area investigations.
- Identify opportunities for LOPC reductions by identifying and reporting tactics to site leadership.
- Participate and lead Verify and Validate PSM field walks.
- Support production unit as Technical Safety expertise in Risk Management and
- Identification, assessment and documentation of HSSE Risk reduction and control strategies for significant hazards.
- Applying applicable downstream standards when conducting HSSE Risk Assessments.
- Support development, modification and implementation of the HSSE Management System and HSSE Control Framework.
A portion of the job will be to support site Safeguarding Focal Point in:
- Safeguarding Revalidations.
- RV Mitigation development.
- MOC's and Projects.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum five (5) years in Manufacturing Process Engineering or Technical Safety Support.
- Experience in performing hazard assessments preferred.
- Familiarity with LOPA and MOC work processes preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive relationships.
- Experience in plant operations is desirable.
- Working proficiency with computer software/IT tools.
- Safeguarding Revalidations
- RV Mitigation development
- Successful candidate must be able to complete the appropriate training courses required in Process/Technical Safety.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.