Skills: HR - General
Experience: 57 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
SENIOR HR GENERALIST
The SR. Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for providing proactive consultation and HR services for Canada and will be focused on compensation administration, employee relations, performance management, statistical analyses, leadership development and training, succession planning and recruitment and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for timely and effectively delivering human resources consultative services to ensure customer objectives are met.
- Responsible for the identification, diagnosis and resolution of employee relations issues, calling on appropriate resources to resolve issues. Coaches managers on managing for performance, as well as on the formal performance management process.
- Coaches managers on succession planning and development processes and is responsible for reporting progress and results to the Generalist Managers, HR VP, and OD manager.
- Supports customer in the development and maintenance of job descriptions. Assists the Compensation Analyst with job analyses and evaluation and compensation market analyses of new or restructured positions.
- Gathers, completes, analyzes and presents various Human Resources statistics as needed for example, turnover statistics, performance management/merit increase comparisons and department culture surveys.
- Assists leaders with recruitment efforts for open positions as needed, including the creation and placement of advertisements for open positions. Consults with operations leaders in the creation of staffing plans and strategy development and execution.
- Supports leaders in the utilization of the Talent Management System and associated administrative processes. This includes, but is not limited to, providing coaching and training to increase user confidence in the system and ensuring the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the data.
- Maintains compliance with federal and provincial regulations concerning employment.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, processes and procedures to affect continual improvement and efficiency of services provided by Human Resources.
- Collects and analyzes HR organizational data and makes recommendations to HR management.
- Assesses organizational needs, develops training programs, and provides facilitation and training to the workforce in order to meet those needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of the Human Resources body of knowledge in the areas of workforce planning and employment, employee relations, performance management, leadership development and training and associated labor laws and regulations.
- Deep analytical and critical thinking skills required for reporting, analysis and problem solving.
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills; effectively work as part of a team.
- Highly developed verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Solid working knowledge of federal and provincial labor and employment laws and associated regulations
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to successfully multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function both independently and as part of a global HR team.
- High level proficiency in MS Office and Talent Management System experience required; experience and ability to create complex reports highly preferred. SharePoint knowledge a plus.
- Strong mathematical aptitude required, as demonstrated by advanced utilization of Excel and other software for statistical and data analyses.
- A high level of conceptual thinking, judgment and decision making is required for solving problems that may affect many departments or processes, or for solving problems that require innovative approaches to complex situations.
- Demonstrated ability to view problems from the context of the larger picture of the organization's overall goals and strategies; seeks effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field. Five to seven years of senior level experience in Human Resources; experience supporting a remote location independently a plus. A thorough knowledge in the field of Human Resources, as well as in general business, required.
Strong mathematical aptitude required, as demonstrated by advanced utilization of Excel for statistical analyses.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- CPHR preferred
- Must have a valid and current passport and be willing and able to travel internationally
A high level of conceptual thinking, judgment and decision making is required for solving problems that may affect many departments or processes, or for solving problems that require innovative approaches to complex situations.
Demonstrated ability to view problems from the context of the larger picture of the organization's overall goals and strategies in order to put the elements of problems into proper perspective. Seeks effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position resides within a normal office working environment. International travel will be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals in some work areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.