Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: Kuwait City, Al Asimah Governate, Kuwait
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Grey Wolf Drilling International Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Precision Drilling, is recruiting for safety-driven and experienced Assistant Drillers to assist our Kuwait operations starting March 2019. Responsibilities include the following:
- Operate and monitor all drilling systems and equipment under the supervision of the Driller;
- Assist Driller with drill crew supervision of daily tasks and rig move activities, training, etc;
- Supervise and assist in mud making activities;
- Assist the Driller in keeping a continuous log of the daily well history which includes all equipment used in the well, number of pipe joints, special tools used, problems encountered, etc;
- Assist with regular BOP shut-in and safety drills with all members of the drill crew;
- Assist the Driller with pre-tour meetings with rig crews;
- Check the set-up of the well control equipment on a daily basis; and,
- Participate in preventative and regulatory safety inspections and meetings as per company Target Zero rules and Key Beliefs.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Must have completion of post-secondary education;
- Must have a minimum of five (5) Years of Drilling Industry experience of Oil and Gas well drilling;
- Must have a minimum of two (2) Years experience in their present position;
- Must be proficient with computer hardware, and the software Microsoft Suite;
- Must be fluent written and spoken English;
- Able to demonstrate excellent safety leadership;
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Has experience assisting in effective management of personnel and operations;
- Able to impact and influence people; and,
- Able to build customer relationships.
Precision Drilling Corporation is Canada's largest oilfield services company and also has a large and growing presence in the United States and internationally. Precision provides contract drilling, well servicing and strategic support services to customers. Precision supplies on-the-ground expertise - people, equipment and knowledge - to provide value to our customers on a daily basis.
Precision has more than a half century of operating history in North America and we have always believed it is our people that make Precision a great company. Attracting the right people has been one of the cornerstones in building our reputation as the "leading employer" in the industry.
Along with a great culture, we offer a compensation package that is comprehensive and highly competitive in the oilfield services industry. All of Precision's people share in our ongoing success through our total rewards and recognition philosophy. At the end of the day, our success is defined by our people and the value they bring to Precision.