Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management, Sales
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Global Trade Lead, Oil & Gas
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
We are looking for an experienced candidate to join our Business Development team to deliver on our mandate of creating trade opportunities for Canadian exporters. In the role of the Global Trade Lead you will leverage your deep technical expertise; work experience; business development skills; knowledge of Canadian capabilities and global supply chains to generate and nurture new export business opportunities for Canadian exporters. You will interact with a virtual team to establish relationships with leading foreign buyers in selected international markets (Asia, Australia and the Middle East), assess their procurement needs and introduce Canadian companies with relevant value propositions. The successful candidate will have deep technical understanding of the Oil & Gas sector, industry trends and, international procurement practices. You will apply this knowledge and your business developments capabilities to help Canadian companies "Go, Grow, and Succeed" in the international arena.
If you have the relevant experience in the Oil & Gas sector and the idea of having direct impact on the success of Canadian exporter's appeals to you then join our team.
- Develop strategies and relationships to expand sales opportunities for Canadian exporters in foreign markets with targeted large/top tier foreign buyers and prospects by developing a deep understanding of their procurement processes and needs and matching them with Canadian capabilities;
- Contribute to the development of foreign buyer account plans and trade creation strategies;
- Maintain and expand EDC's relationship network with large foreign buyers focusing on senior procurement influencers and decision makers;
- Lead in all elements of creating trade opportunities including foreign buyer introductions to Canadian exporters, supply chain assessment of foreign buyers, matchmaking, etc.;
- Lean on the EDC Global Trade sector team to provide expertise on Oil and Gas technical capabilities and competitiveness of Canadian companies;
- Represent the voice of the foreign clients or prospects with regards to procurement opportunities;
- Engaged with a virtual team including with internal EDC Global Trade Sector Advisors, Lending Account Managers and government partners;
- Work with various EDC teams to keep current on emerging Canadian technologies and capabilities and gather market intelligence in specified sector(s) of expertise;
- Leverage matchmaking activities to create opportunities for EDC to support and facilitate the underlying export trade with our financing and risk mitigation services.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (or equivalent professional designation) in relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years of combined technical advisory experience and international business development in the relevant sector (mainly the Oil & Gas sector)
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in sales and/or account management
- Deep technical knowledge of international supply chains acquired through direct business activity within the Oil & Gas Sector
- Proven ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and work with virtual teams
- Fully proficient in English
Skills & Knowledge
- Deep sector specific technical knowledge
- Strong relationship management and networking skills
- Strong business development experience (preferably international)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Strong negotiation skills (external and/or internal)
- Working experience with the Asian, Middle East, and Australian markets and related languages
- Bilingual (English & French)
- $102,000 - $154,000 + performance-based incentive
- Ottawa, Calgary or Toronto
- Note that travel will be required - approx. 25% of the time
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: November 16, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.