Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD70 - CAD75 per hour
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, is currently seeking a Senior Safety Advisor for a 1 year contract in Calgary Alberta . The shift is Monday-Friday and the individual must be local or have their own accomodations in Calgary.
This position supports the BUs in implementing the client's corporate requirements and is an overall champion for compliance to HOIMS and OHS legislation. The Safety Advisor serves as an expert safety resource to the BUs and other functional groups. The individual in this position will be most effective by earning credibility with the BUs and partnering with them to create and foster a continuous improvement culture focused on occupational safety and operational integrity.
This senior level position is responsible for providing technical occupational safety leadership as a member of the Occupational Safety team within the larger Process and Occupational (P&OS) department. The P&OS department supports Client's operational Business Units (BUs) by developing companywide standards that form part of the Client's
• Lead the HOIMS Safe Operations (Element 2) network and be the owner of selected Element 2 procedures and standards. Work collaboratively with other members of the P&OS team and BU personnel to support HOIMS implementation and continuous improvement in Safe Operations
• Support the development and implementation of a strategy that positions the Clients to meet the evolving regulatory push to more formally legislate safety culture
• Provide coaching, mentoring and technical support to BU representatives in Occupational Safety, including interpretation of regulatory requirements, and development and application of corporate standards and requirements
• Generate safety alerts/communiques
• Develop a companywide Behavioral Based Safety program
• Develop a companywide safe work permit system standard
• Preparing safety performance benchmarking reports
• Complete other work as assigned by the Occupational Safety Manager
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Occupational Safety Certificate/Diploma or Degree from a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution
• Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
• 10 years of industry experience in a safety related role
• 10 to 15 years of oil and gas industry experience supporting field or plant operations
• Working knowledge of corporate standards, Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations, CSA Standards, other legislative requirements, industry standards and best practices
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point
• Previous experience supervising / mentoring individuals
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• First Aid including CPR and AED certification
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.