Support and enable North America Lubricants Logistics Operations through direct operational interface and influence of 3PL providers (warehousing/transportation).
- Understand and address operational logistics issues and inefficiencies associated with transporting and warehousing finished product from plant to RDC to customer (pack) and scheduling and transporting finished product to customer (bulk).
- Implement operational strategies for warehousing or assigned transportation mode.
- Work closely with 3PL operations leadership to drive supply chain efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Provide expertise to stakeholders to balance business needs and opportunities with warehousing/carrier capabilities and market realities.
- Stay closely connected with LOBP stakeholders to respond to logistics issues and identify continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with Contracts Management team to provide inputs and participate as needed in regular business performance reviews 3PL providers.
- Leverage numerous sources and data points to assure bulk and pack core activities enabling achievement of agreed upon Customer Service Levels (OTIF).
- Make recommendations for system changes that improve performance and customer experience.
- Manage customer complaints, carrier non-conformance and under-performing metrics in order to determine root causes and take corrective actions.
- Similarly, identifies best practices and shares across the network, helping to coach new/improved behaviors and processes to success.
- Challenge current business practices, methodology and procedures and collaborates with site leadership to share knowledge, identify and adopt best practices, and implement continuous improvement initiatives associated with cost management, OTIF, HSSE, etc.
Is an escalation focal point for:Lubricants' Transportation Management System (TMS).Urgent and special requests.Logistics related changes, including carrier changes, network optimization and continuous improvement initiatives.Quality issues and/or high-risk activities.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Logistics Operations
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain or related field, or significant Logistics experience, 12+ years, in multiple aspects of logistics/modes of transportation
- MBA is not required, but an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Skilled in MS Office suite and propensity to learn other IT systems quickly (SAP, Transportation Management System, etc.)
- Thrives in dynamic, high-tempo environment
- Demonstrated innovative and critical thinking.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.