This position is for a Bankruptcy Paralegal on the Bankruptcy & Credit Team in Global Litigation. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to the attorneys who support bankruptcy and credit matters for Shell in the U.S.
- Provide support on a wide variety of issues, projects and litigation matters for other areas, as needed. Extensive contact with colleagues in other Legal syndicates in the U.S., business clients, and outside counsel will be required.
- Prepare, draft, review and revise correspondence and departmental presentations and reports as may be assigned.
- Assist in the preparation, issuance and transmittal of documents including, proofs of claim, demand letters, contracts, legal opinions and correspondence under guidance of supervising attorneys.
- Develop search terms and queries, undertake legal and other research and prepare summaries of results.
- Gather, organize, analyze and review documents and files.
- Develop databases, spreadsheets, schedules and summaries in support of governmental inquiries, litigation or transactional due diligence (independently or in connection with colleagues), as may be assigned.
- Gather facts, monitor developments in bankruptcy cases, interview corporate representatives and research of corporate records.
- Liase with internal and external stakeholders (including, external counsel, customers, suppliers, government representatives, Legal colleagues, and business clients) as may be directed.
- Prepare preservation/record retention notifications and implement all attendant processes.
- Assistance with updating matter management database with case and budget updates as requested.
- Identify opportunities for assumption of appropriate work from attorneys.
- Provide other assistance and support as may be assigned.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in legal required.
- Minimum Paralegal certificate required.
- Associates degree required, bachelor's degree would be a plus.
- Corporate bankruptcy background required.
- Legal research, project management skills and document production experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills required.
- Basic SharePoint skills preferred.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.