The Logistics Vehicle Scheduler is responsible for performing scheduling services and activities that support and facilitate inbound and outbound shipments. This position interfaces with multiple people at the plant and will play in an integral part in achieving the Houston Lube Plant's (HLP) goals and objectives.
- Schedule all outbound bulk and pack orders via Transportation Management Systems (TMS) with the carriers including coordinating shipment scheduling with internal plant stakeholders.
- Assure transportation process for domestic and export orders through SCAR reporting and regular performance dashboards/reports.
- Directly contribute to achievement of plant OTIF (On Time in Full) goals and conduct root cause analysis of logistics impacts to OTIF. Escalate trends/issues as warranted.
- Act as logistics liaison with customer service and customer care organizations for logistics scheduling.
- Provide shipment status as warranted to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the material planner/production scheduler for the scheduling of company-coordinated inbound receipts and schedule with the carriers and suppliers.
- For all daily activities, conduct related system (GSAP & TMS) activities for shipment scheduling.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in distribution of packaged and/or bulk products is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, associates or college degree would be a plus.
- Experience in SAP is preferred.
- Skilled in problem investigation and resolution (root cause).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment, yet possessing the willingness to work independently with minimal guidance/supervision.
- Successful candidate must exhibit ability to interface with all levels within the organization and external to the organization.
- Thrives in dynamic, hi-tempo environment.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize a large workload and tight deadlines.
- Strong drive to satisfy customer requirements.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.