Skills: Pipeline Engineering, Construction Manager
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safety, innovation and client service, and delivers unmatched expertise and value to oil, gas and power clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
UniversalPegasus is seeking to hire a Pipeline Construction Project Manager to work in Houston, Texas.
The Construction Project Manager leads and manages the construction planning, construction execution commissioning, documentation turnover processes and construction project closeout processes. The Construction Project Manager receives the Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) and detailed design products from the designated Project Development team (Engineering and Procurement) and executes the construction, inspection, commissioning, and document turnover scope(s) of work for the project. These activities are accomplished through continual interaction between select client personnel and project team members.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop project execution goals and strategies, total installed cost (TIC) estimates and budgets, construction contractor bid packages, risk identification and mitigation strategies, baseline construction schedules, and change management.
- Responsible for the development of required plans (Construction Execution Plan [CEP], Construction Safety Plan, Site-specific Safety Plan [SSP], Security Plan, Ground Disturbance Plan, Joining Plan, Environmental Management Plan, Construction Quality and Inspection Plan, Construction Staking and As-built Survey Plan, Document Turnover and Closeout Plan, Commissioning Plan, and additional project-specific plans as required.
- Responsible for creating and managing the budget for all aspects of construction, commissioning, inspection, survey, and document turnover scopes of work. Must continually implement risk identification techniques to define and adjust the contingency portion of the budget.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of a Constructability and Construction Readiness Review(s). Perform multiple lesson-learned reviews throughout the planning and execution phases of the project.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely establishment of a field office(s), designated parking areas, laydown yards, and completion of other pre-mobilization activities.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely receipt of procured construction materials to avoid construction and commissioning delays.
- Responsible for continually evaluating project scope, schedule and progress, budget, and quality initiatives. When necessary, coordinate with the construction project stakeholders to ensure the timely and complete implementation of the management of change processes using the established change order procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating with the project development team and directing project and/or program execution teams.
- Responsible for client interface and client satisfaction.
- Responsible for implementing corporate, client, and project-specific Safety directives and initiatives. Ensures frequent and thorough safety interface(s) with all project subcontractors. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of Site-specific Safety plans during project execution.
- Responsible for implementing corporate, client, and project-specific Quality directives and initiative Responsible for facilitating proper flow of communication to upper management, between project team members, between Project Managers, and to the client's project team members.
- Responsible for facilitating proper flow of communications to upper management, between project team members, between Project Managers, and to the client's project team members.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Management, or Engineering preferred.
- Five to ten years of pipeline field or industry experience required.
- Two or more years of pipeline project management experience preferred.
- Industry related certifications (AWS CWI, NACE, API, and API 1169) preferred.
- PMP preferred
UniversalPegasus offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health care, dental, vision, 401(k), and educational assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide.
Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safe, and innovative services, while delivering unmatched expertise and value to oil and gas clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus employs over 1,500 employees and has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
Visit us on the web http://www.universalpegasus.com and connect with us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/universalpegasus-international.