Experience: 120 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The purpose of this role is to provide the Shell business within the Asia Pacific region with top-quartile procurement professionalism and service to realize significant cost savings whilst delivering and optimizing internal and external performance in relation to 3rd party Packaging.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager Lead, COGSs, we are seeking an exceptional individual to take up this key role within Contracting & Procurement function, who will act as a regional Procurement Manager for the Additive, Packaging, Finish lubricants Category within the Asia Pacific region.
Position description - Accountabilities
- Proactively identify & understand business needs from internal stakeholders and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand, Specification Requirements &/or Purchase Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Packaging supply market in various key markets in Asia Pacific, and keep tracking of up-to date opportunities coming up in the market.
-Develop and implement Regional/Local procurement strategies with business stakeholders, which meets the Business Demand, utilizing Price, Demand Management, Specification and Operation optimization, and Contract Management principles, provide a strong commercial influence in the thinking and behavior of the internal users and stakeholders, driving for change in Shell to seize market opportunities to generate value and support Shell business purpose and strategy.
-Proactively manage sourcing/procurement projects, lead supplier qualification, competitive tenders, evaluate bids & lead negotiations with Suppliers in accordance to the CMCP as an overall 'guidance', ensure on time project delivery & business requirement fulfilled,
effectively manage contracts implementation, supplier transition with risk mitigation in place.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively with both global/regional/local suppliers and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (eg: HSSE, OTIF, Quality, Cost). This would involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance as well.
-Manage Business interface on a day-to-day basis with frontline and senior stakeholders and ensure all needs are met.
-Work with the Contract Owners and Holders to ensure effective and efficient Contract Management and expected value is obtained during the contract lifecycle.
- Ensure strong connect and collaborative ways of working across the wider CP Organization ( Global Packaging Category team, CP Operations, CP Excellence) to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
- Provides coaching, support and guidance to other team members to ensure delivery of results where possible.
-Full compliance with Integrity and Ethic Policy and regulations, work with key stakeholders to ensure all aspects related to CP governance & compliance are communicated & adhered by internal Shell users and external suppliers.
-Regularly review and provide the business spend, price benchmarking reports in Asia Pacific region, and provide such insight to strategically develop Asia Pacific category-focused long term plan.
- Develop strategic suppliers who can support Shell in our business growth aspirations.
-Support Goal Zero via stringent application of HSSE standards during procurement process & supplier management.
Shell's presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand.
The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand
For more than 120 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country's developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.
-Good interpersonal relationship management, with the confidence and ability to build relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to influence and persuade.
- Experience on Strategic Sourcing (demand analysis, market analysis, strategy formulation, tender/negotiations), supplier transition, contract / supplier performance management and business risk mitigation.
-Proven track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
-Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
-Highly driven, 'can do' attitude, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner.
-Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
-Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes.
-Continuous improvement and simplification mindset, able to identify opportunities for leverage and best practice sharing.
-Self motivating and work independently in a highly virtual environment.
-Ability to lead effectively a virtual cross function team and deliver through others.
- Passionate, self starter and team player, able to lead and manage change initiatives, able to address business operation challenges with risk mitigation plan in place.
-Demonstrate Strong Leadership Attributes (Authenticity, Performance, Growth, Collaboration)
-Clear thinking on developing supplier/contract strategy
-Continuously driving supplier performance improvement
-In-depth functional knowledge of CP tools, techniques and processes
-Interpersonal and communications skills with ability to influence and motivate others
-Virtual team building
-Project and change management skills
Relationship management skills with all stakeholders
-Negotiation skills and ability to manage supplier relationships
-Ability to drive change through a virtual team and non-direct reports demonstrating strong influencing capability
CP functional competence requirement
-Business Partnering ---Skill
-Supply Chain Intelligence -Knowledge
-Deal making and Negotiation-Skill
-Supplier and Contract Management --Skill
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.