Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Products Company is accepting online applications for the position of Electrical Journeymen located in the Richmond, California Refinery through November 30, 2018.
For additional information on this position, please contact Brian Peacock at 510-242-3777.
Requisition ID# 395911
An Electrical Journeymen will perform a variety of maintenance, repair and construction type of work in the field and shop settings of the refinery, requiring journey-level skill. Qualified successful candidates will perform duties such as the troubleshooting and repair of control and power systems, which can range from 120V to 115KV, The Electrical Journeymen will also utilize a variety of test equipment. This position works with other Maintenance crafts, Reliability, Operations and Technical groups on a daily basis. As a 24/7 operating refinery, working overtime, weekend, holiday and shift work is required.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Electricians are responsible for proper performance of work within reasonable time limits and in accordance with established procedures, regulations, safe practices, and all applicable codes.
- Works in Process Plant and Electric Shop environments.
- Performs troubleshooting, preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance activities.
- Disassembles, removes, assembles and installs equipment as required.
- Maintains and repairs control systems and equipment, which can include both analog and digital devices.
- Maintains and repairs power systems, works on equipment such as motors, transformers, reactors, relays, draw-out breakers/starters.
- Ability to safely and effectively utilize hand, power and precision tools. Makes necessary craft computations and uses a computer.
- Ability to read blueprint drawings, schematic, logic and one-line diagrams.
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently. Has ability to plan and organize own work.
- Responsible for estimating labor and materials and for the safe and economic use of resources.
- Looks for and acts on opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Ability to display a comprehensive understanding of refinery policies and procedures.
- Ability to grasp complex issues and apply good problem solving skills to develop recommendations/solutions.
- Build positive working relationships with operators and other crafts, both internally and externally to Chevron.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Journey-Level Electrician - Must be able to provide proof through State and/or Trade Certification.
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency using Electrical Test Equipment (such as multi-meter, megger meter, etc.).
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency using trade specific pneumatic tools such as conduit benders, crimpers, and pullers.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization including Technical, Operations, and Maintenance.
- Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of safe work practices and maintain a personal commitment to Incident and Injury Free Operations.
- 3+ years refining or petrochemical experience.
- 5+ years working as Journey-Level Electrician or Lineman.
- Protective relay certification.
- Power Circuit Breaker certification.
- Electrical Technology certification.
- Lineman experience
NOTE: If selected to participate in the Pre-employment testing process with Chevron, you will be required to take the following battery of STANG timed tests:
• Craft Specific Aptitude Assessment
Measures the ability to read, understand, and use information in graphs, charts, tables, and written passages to solve problems and apply general craft knowledge and principles to understand and implement solutions to various situations.
• Hands on Skill Assessment
Measures the demonstrated abilities and knowledge of the Electrical fundamentals.
Chevron's tests are focused on industrial aptitudes. Candidates should focus on their abilities, reading comprehension, understanding information in tables and graphs, and understanding industrial math.
This job is a Safety Sensitive Position and is subject to Random Drug/Alcohol testing in addition to pre-employment background checks.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.