NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, is currently seeking a Intermediate Safety Advisor for a one year contract in Calgary Alberta . The shift is Monday-Friday and the individual must be local or have their own accomodations in Calgary.
The role requires an individual who has previous safety experience and who aspires to further develop their safety skills and knowledge to equip them to move into a more senior safety role. The individual in this position will lead the Calgary Office Safety Program (OSP) and support a number of different initiatives managed by other team members in the department. The specific work will be identified by the Occupational Safety Manager and will be a function of the team's annual performance goals.
- Responsible for the Calgary Office Safety Program (OSP),
- Provide day to day support to the Calgary Office Safety Program (OSP).
- Coordinating, as the Chief Floor Warden, the Floor Warden program for Western Canadian Place.
- Develop quarterly safety meeting presentations.
- Ensuring understanding and compliance of hazard reporting management as per the requirements of the OSP.
- Attend regular meetings with the Office Services team.
- Ensure required OSP performance metrics are collected and communicated to all floors and the OSP Sponsors
- Organize and chair OSP sponsor meetings
- Provide other OSP support as required
- Support other members of the Occupational Safety Team on selected initiatives
- researching safety topics and finding/processing available information, including from relevant OH&S legislation, that can help inform and improve projects and/or initiatives being led by other team members Research safety topics including relevant OH&S legislation to improve projects and/or initiatives being led by other team members
- Collate safety related data and information from either internal or external sources, including for safety performance benchmarking purposes, and transforming it into information that can be communicated to company decision makers
- Assist the P&OS BAs and the Manager of Occupational Safety to generate a regular suite of internal management reports.
- Support the collection of data and information
- Ensure data and information integrity/consistency
- Analyze data and any observed trends
- Develop the messages needed to be communicated in these reports Work with communications personnel to prepare safety communications materials tailored to specific audiences for selected undertakings/initiatives
- Become a subject matter expert and internal adviser on the change management process to be used for projects/initiatives owned and delivered by the Occupational Safety team
- Complete other work as assigned by the Occupational Safety Manager.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 years industry experience in a safety related role including time spent in the field
- Knowledge of OH&S legislation
- Oil and gas industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- University or college degree/diploma/certificate
- First Aid including CPR and AED certification
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.