Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Follow a zero-defect mindset in developing, maintaining, testing and deploying software
- Perform analysis of project requirements and functional specifications, submit estimates, and create technical designs
- Guide activities in programming, system testing, documentation, and deployment according to Halliburton's development and change management standards
- Review and provide guidance in problem identification, resolution, and implementation
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting service levels.
- Manage a team of onshore and offshore software engineers
- Provide a high level of customer support. Can be asked to operate as focal contact point for an application, group of applications, or specific customer group
Key Skills Required:
- Over 5 years experience in managing software development organizations.
- Ability to create cost center forecasts for staffing and contactors
- Over 5 years experience in managing 40 plus employees and contractors
- Expert knowledge of TFS and code management best practices
- Experience in Agile development methods and Application delivery via DevOps
- Ability to generate time and cost forecasts for software development projects
- Experience in development with both Microsoft (.net) and Oracle (Java/HTML) tool sets.
- Understanding of web-based application architecture which includes networks and load balancing, integration of web servers, application servers (WebLogic), LDAP security, and database connectivity.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge on processing real time data streams coming from well sites.
- Understanding of WITSML in exchanging information between companies
- Experience communicating status updates and issues with the application leads and team members
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in CS, MIS, BA or Engineering. Minimum of 7 years of related experience or through 11 years of Systems Development and/or Applications Support which includes experience in Analysis, Design, Programming, Product Selection, Support and/or Maintenance
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 66621
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.