Pearland, Texas, United States
Pearland, Texas, United States
Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Contracts Engineer, Purchasing
Other Skills: Knowledge of PVF
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pearland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Flow-Zone is actively seeking a Quotation Specialist for our Pearland location. The Quotation Specialist will beexpected to coordinate and maintain pricing and technical proposals for our current and prospective clients for pipe, valves, and fittings. The ideal candidate will have experience in contract negotiations, bid quotations and a background in procurement.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare quotation proposals by completing preliminary assessment based on customer needs in the Oil & Gas Industry particularly for Pipe, Valves and Fittings.
• Accurate pricing relevant to each client
• Work closely with other locations to resolve any issues that may arise and offer alternative solutions as necessary to achieve the best solution for the situation
• Maintain a database of current proposals to be used as reference for future proposals
• Accept client inquiries on proposals and delegate the task if it cannot be resolved
• Handle contract negotiation, including complex negotiation that require expertise in the technical field
• Maximize revenues and margins using strategic sourcing while still meeting customer deadlines
• Administer in-house contracts with current and prospective clients • Locate and arrange for the purchase of goods and services if not currently supplied
• Other duties as assigned
• 2-3 years of related experience in quotes, contract negotiation and procurement
• Technical degree and/or additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree
• Must have knowledge and experience working in upstream, downstream and midstream markets.
• Knowledge and experience in relief valves, actuators, pumps and servicing parts
• Proficient personal computer skills, including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Physical Demands
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) • Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
• Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to work with the fingers.
About Flow-Zone Flow-Zone is the premier distributor of Instrumentation, Controls, Pipe, Valves, Fittings, and Measurement equipment for the Upstream, Midstream, and Petrochem Industries in Texas & Louisiana. We provide comprehensive service and support in all areas we are located. Flow-Zone maintains an extensive inventory of automation, pipe,valves, fittings and fluid transfer products and offers free delivery via our trucks for customers within our trade area.