Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
HSE Specialist Exploration
Engineering or Science Degree, or HSE certification
HSE management courses
Experience & Technical Competencies:
Minimum 5+ years HSE experience
Broad experience in HSE related processes, including, but not limited to:
- Communication Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to provide constructive feedback;
- Engage and mentor; and
- Proficient in report writing and record keeping
- Leading investigations and interviewing witnesses to incidents.
- Determining occupational exposures (e.g. hazardous chemicals, noise, heat)
- Leading or participating in management system audits.
- Comparing management systems with known standard and/or benchmarks.
- Evaluation of risk assessments, and risk based decision making.
- Determining trends from HSE statistics and performance indicators.
- Ability to problem solve, develop lessons learned and SMART actions
- Hazard and Risk Management
- Risk based auditing and inspections
- HSE data collection, analysis & reporting
- Hazardous materials management
- Change management
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Verification and monitoring of barriers and risk controls
- Incident investigation techniques
- Leading & lagging HSE indicators
- Contractor/Sub-Contractor management
Adequate knowledge in the execution of the proposed operational scope of work which could include one or more of the following: