Skills: Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids
Other Skills: Solids Control
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Smith Management and Consulting, LLC ("SMITH") is seeking Self-Employed/Independent Contractors for SOLIDS CONTROL TECHNICIAN service jobs for the Oil & Gas industry in ARKANSAS, COLORADO, LOUISIANA, NORTH DAKOTA, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, TEXAS and WYOMING.
Service job fee amounts and payment terms to be negotiated between the INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR and SMITH.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Must have the technical expertise to perform and complete Solids Control service jobs without supervision
- At least 1 year of solids control technician service, with experience in:
- Drying/Shale Shakers
- Screen changes
- Cuttings handling
- Vertical Dryers
- Vacuum and pressure washing
- Operation of excavators, track-hoe, back-hoe, boom forklift (heavy equipment operator certification)
- Related Solids Control equipment
- Must hold self out to the industry as a Self-Employed INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
- Must have PEC/Rig Pass/SafeLand and Heavy Equipment Operators certification
- Must provide your own tools, including but not limited to:
- Fire Retardant Clothing
- Safety-Toe Boots
- Safety Goggles
- Hearing Protection (ear plugs or over the ear muffs)
- Cellular telephone
- Location-specific tools (Ex., crescent wrench, pipe wrenches, hammer, etc.)
- Locations may require a laptop computer
- Must comply with OSHA and client HSE safety requirements
- Complete customer site-access orientation
- Must be available to complete service jobs during typical 12-hour shifts as set by SMITH's customers. Service job locations vary widely.
SELF-EMPLOYED INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS:
- Are NOT prohibited from providing their services to competitors
- Are NOT required to accept service jobs that are offered
- Are NOT prohibited from subcontracting the work to others who meet the qualifications specified
- Are NOT supervised by Smith Management and Consulting, LLC (SMITH confirm with customers that service job(s) are completed to specification)
- Will invoice SMITH for service jobs completed
- Will annually receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC from Smith
Note: Smith does NOT withhold State or Federal Income Tax, Social Security Tax, Unemployment Tax, nor Medicare Tax on behalf of Self-Employed Independent Contractors. It is the responsibility of the Self-Employed Independent Contractor to meet his/her State and Federal tax requirements.