Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for a Full Stack Application Developer. The Full-Stack Developer is proficient in all stages of application development, testing, and deployment. They will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between enterprise services and users by developing, maintaining integrations with other systems, and working with the designers to produce the visual elements of the application.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Collaborate with developers, business analysts, and architects to plan, design, develop, and test services, API, and web applications.
- Maintain and improve existing applications.
- Configure and maintain build and deployment automation processes.
- Perform on-going testing and code review to improve software security and stability.
- Understand customer requirements and document application approach and design.
- Monitor and remain current with relevant existing and new industry trends.
- Work with design teams to ensure design specifications are implemented.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5 years of professional experience in software development.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with core Java and / or Microsoft .Net technologies.
- Core competencies on cloud technologies: Infrastructure and Platform as a Service on Microsoft Azure and / or Google Cloud Platform.
- API development experience, including API gateways and OpenAPI specifications.
- Experience with source control systems and continuous integration / deployment environments.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented application development techniques and patterns.
- Excellent communication, leadership, time management and organization skills.
- Advanced knowledge in MS-Office
- Expert level English written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.