Skills: Warehouse Person
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Under general supervision, coordinates the activities involved in maintaining and repairing down-hole equipment, and surface equipment. Promote services excellence and customer satisfaction. Provide guidance and training to less experienced maintenance personnel.
- Assigns work to subordinate personnel. Schedules equipment to be serviced and maintained on a daily basis. Insure the successful execution of maintenance processes in a safe and efficient manner.
- Diagnoses, repairs and performs preventive maintenance on conventional tools, down-hole tools and other production equipment used in the application for down-hole operations.
- Areas of specialization within Product Service Line (PSL) specific shop operations may include: mechanical, pressure testing, and machine tool rebuilding, surface equipment, and performing major repairs.
- Serve as the lead in the assembly and disassembly of surface and down-hole tools. Assist in making evaluations and recommendations for improvements on equipment based on maintenance history.
- Trains and assist tool technicians.
- High School Diploma or GED required ( Technical School Diploma or Military Traning a plus)
- 5 years of tool operations experience. (Must have Wireline Pressure Control experience - No Exceptions). Ability to lead by example
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines. Promotes and takes an active part in the quality improvement process.
- Work schedule is 5 days a week and weekends as needed ( 45 -50 hrs per week)
- Must live within one hour of shop
- Submit Resume with application
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Shop Leader or Shop Supervisor
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
719 Hanger Dr, New Iberia, Louisiana, 70560, United States
Requisition Number: 63186
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.