Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for a Supply Chain Specialist for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen. The position is open to both staff or contract roles.
Procures goods and services in support of the overall needs and objectives of the business unit. Liaises between the business unit and other Supply Chain functions.
- Works with the business unit to assess all requirements and develop sourcing and contracting strategies for goods and services.
- Negotiates the acquisition of goods and services, which satisfy specifications, delivery requirements, and performance and reliability expectations while optimising the cost of materials and services within the business unit.
- Conducts and controls bid processes, oversees the preparation of bid packages, prepares bid analysis and participates in final contract award decisions.
- Prepares and coordinates the execution of contracts and other supply documents in a manner that ensures compliance with procurement strategies and policy.
- Prepare recommendations throughout the procurement process for bid lists, evaluations, negotiations and the final award. This will take various forms of documentation and presentations and will involve JV partners.
- Maintains a working knowledge of legal requirements, governmental rules and regulations related to contractual documents, performance of contract work, quality assurance requirements and business relationships. Supports the Law department in the examination and litigation of legal matters related to commercial transactions.
- Monitor post-award activities, develop and agree programme with internal customers for monitoring contractor performance and further develop integration with the company's Supply Chain and Internal Customer goals and activities. Utilise the FPAL performance assessment process.
- Provide guidance, support and mentoring to other developing supply chain professionals in the UK and throughout the wider organisation. Provide similar guidance to internal client personnel concerning supply chain practices. Participate in the alignment of practices and objectives with Global Supply Chain organisation.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Law, Quantity Surveying or Business Management
- Communication - must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management as well as other disciplines, using verbal, written and presentation skills
- Organisation - manages priorities within assigned tasks to meet multiple internal client deadlines and seeks advice from supervisors as necessary.
- Teamwork - ability to work within a cross functional team
- 5 years' experience in principle accountabilities stated above.
- Contracts Analyst with an Oil and Gas Operator or main-contractor with a broad range of experience in respect of service areas.