Job Description Purpose
The Logistics Manager is accountable and responsible to ensure the smooth running of Egypt Lubricants Supply Chain Logistics operations in view of fulfilling HSSE Goal Zero, where under his responsibility, managing BO trucks movements between our terminal in Alexandria and the Blending Plant (in 6th of October city close to Cairo), BO unloading Operations, inplant raw material warehouse, shuttling between Plant and Regional Distribution center, and finally delivering our products safely to our customers, where many of these operations are executed by 3rd party Service providers, on top on that managing the co-ordination for international marine customers.?Accountabilities
- Work efficiently on cost management (OPEX and CAPEX), maintaining and upholding strong customer focus, and effective people management.
- Work closely with the Regional Logistics organization to create logistics master plan and execute identified projects to improve operational standards and achieve SPANCO targets.
- Work with 3PL service providers to uphold our HSSE Goal Zero target Lead by example through the promotion of good health, compliance with all safety procedures and instructions and reporting of all hazards accidents/incidents and near misses as per HSSE Rules.
- Ensure Logistics compliance with all local and legislative standards, maintaining high levels of operational efficiency to support sales targets, maintaining high levels of OTIF performance and upholding strong Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) scores, appropriate resource allocation in line with Opex targets.
- Responsible for management of unit cost (mainly OPEX) & overall operational cost including Logistics cost for COGS namely pallets and other handling activities and opportunities to be executed Managing close working relationships with key service providers in Transport, Warehousing and Freight Forwarding through effective contract management as a Contract Holder and support the Regional/Cluster Contract Manager (Contract Owner) in effective Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Constantly seek opportunities for productivity and efficiency improvements across entire logistics operations working along with the Regional Performance Analyst and Excellence teams and execute the necessary actions.
- Collaborate across functions within LSC and with other key stakeholders in CP, HR, Customer Ops, Commercial Lubes and Downstream Lead by example to ensure that all table stakes in SGBP, ABC, etc are adhered to by all staff and service providers, on top on that managing the co-ordination for international marine customers.
At Shell Egypt, we believe that people are our greatest asset. You will see that our commitment to your career reflects our drive to innovate on many levels. We are committed to supply the world's need for energy in socially and environmentally responsible ways and our commitment to diversity will always be of paramount importance. Shell began operations in Egypt in 1911 and has been a steady presence and employer ever since. In addition, our social investment and development programmes attest to our commitment to make a difference for Egypt's youth. Shell Egypt runs workshop-based sessions aimed at delivering today's practical business skills to students through lectures and training conducted by experienced Shell hires, such as the "Step Towards Progress" (STP) at Cairo University; the "Annual Conference for Engineering Students" (ACES) & the "Give and Gain" programme at Ain Shams University, the "Real Life Project" at the American University of Cairo and the "Al Amal Programme" (Hope Programme).Requirements
- Qualified Logistics professional with minimum 5+ years experience in Logistics operations with trucking or fleet supervision
- General Knowledge of Logistics industry in the market.
- Knowledge of government regulations related to Logistics HSSE (Health, Safety, Security, & Environmental) and permits
- Action oriented person with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with a passion for delivering tangible results
- Strong communicator with successful experience interfacing with many levels of the organization at all levels
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.