Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under general supervision, performs pre-job product and service equipment preparation (assembly, test, mobilization), and with product installation at the well site.
- Assists with post-job demobilization, clean up, and repair of service equipment and products.
- Develops a basic understanding of energy industry activities and jargon, and Pressure Control products and services such as general completion processes and procedures, both at the shop and at the well site.
- Completes all well site and post-job paperwork. Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to HSE related activities - site assessments and risk analyses, onsite safety meetings, PPE use, documentation, etc.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, have minimal impact upon the viability of the organization.
Must Have: High School Diploma or Equivalent (Technical School Diploma or Military Training a plus)
- Minimum of 9 months industry related experience.(Must have Wireline Pressure Control Experience - No exceptions) Must have knowledge of Pressure Control equipment
- Must be able to execute written and verbal instructions and effectively exchange information with peers and superiors that will increase the likelihood of job success.
- Must be able to work as an effective team member. Have ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required. Basic computer skills are preferred.
- Must have completed Forklift training and any specific training requirements for the location.
- Water Survival and Safety certification may be required based on location.
- Class E driver's license required. Dependable transportation is required.
- Will work 5 days per week first 60 - 90 days - 45 50 hours per week, then work 21 days on 7 days off - Offshore (Day rate added to hourly rate)
- Must live within one hour of the shop
- Submit Resume with application
- This is not an entry level position
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Pressure Control Operator II, Pressure Control Operator III or Pressure Control Operator - PWR IV - Slickline
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
719 Hanger Dr, New Iberia, Louisiana, 70560, United States
Requisition Number: 60341
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.