Project Engineer- Estimator Instrument and ElectricalI&E Estimator, Instrumentation and ElectricalJob Summary:
The I&E Estimator is responsible for the overall planning and coordinating efforts to produce comprehensive facility and/or pipeline project labor / material lump sum, time & material and unit rate cost estimates. Including tracking and scheduling for current and pending projects. The Project I&E Estimator will provide data and cost analysis for estimate reviews and presentations.
This role will be located primarily at the Pasadena Texas facility, with occasional visits to the corporate facility on West road.Primary Job Function:
- Utilizing Past Instrument and Electrical functional knowledge and current estimating experience and knowledge to best perform E&I estimating for Upstream, Midstream and Downstream oil and gas projects.
- Utilize the company approved costing methodology, software, data and systems to present estimate results in a detailed breakdown format suitable for use by the project manager and the project team.
- Required to work with existing team to accomplish goals and meet deadlines required to ensure successful business outcomes.
- Prepare cost estimates assuring that all necessary costs are detailed and included in the estimate; such as management services, equipment and material costs, construction costs, operating costs, and other costs associated with oil and gas industry projects.
- Attend client pre-bid meeting and job showing, visit the job sites, and keep a record of all verbal information disseminated by the client during the pre-bid meeting and job showing.
- Prepare project cost estimate from the client's RFQ documents and drawings and any other information learned during the pre-bid showing.
- Know and be able to explain the details behind each estimate, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources needed to execute each task, etc.
- Maintain meticulous cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep up dated information on past performance and industry standards.
- Maintain lines of communications between company departments, project manager and client with regard to cost estimating activities.
- Assist project manager on alternative project execution approaches based on the scope of work and the most cost effective execution methods available.
- Other tasks include preparing process flow diagrams, layout drawings, data sheets and technical job reports, bid logs, schedules and tracking documentation.
- 5+ years of experience in project cost estimating/project management with an emphasis on facilities and/or pipeline projects.
- 5+ Years field experience in the construction of pipelines, compressor and pump stations, production facilities, measurement stations, and other upstream-Downstream and Midstream oil and gas facilities is desirable.
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, MS Project, Accu-Bid and other estimating software.
- Must have training in project cost estimating, negotiating contracts, material negotiations and outsourcing logistics.
- Engineering, technical certification, or construction management degree is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project.
- Demonstrates flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem-solving.
- Proven time management and follow-through skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Works both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Displays superior written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
- Physical demands require ability to work in office environment, with some project / bid walks including some physical activity.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- May require travel.
- Complies with EnerMech Mechanical Services' policies and procedures.
- Complies with EnerMech Mechanical Services' Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to work Monday through Friday during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. This position at times requires work outside of business hours to meet customer, project and management needs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as ability to adjust focus.
- Required to visit project sites where he may be required to walk on uneven ground and climb over pipes; and be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions including extreme heat.
EnerMech Mechanical Services employs 3000 staff across 40 locations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Caspian, Asia, Australia and the Americas, and has evolved in to one of the world's leading integrated engineering contractors, continuing to serve the energy sector whilst expanding its service offering into new sectors, including renewables, LNG, defense, power, infrastructure and petrochemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-
employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check,
education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND
CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this
position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA
sponsorship. You can go direct to our careers page below and apply to the position you qualify for:https://www.enermech.com/careers