Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Providing support for Pearl GTL's Contractor Safety Management Process that meets the overall Shell HSSE Control frame work requirements
- Provide support to HSSE, Contracts/Procurement and Contract Holders in Pre & Post Award Contracts Safety Management
- Work with our internal stakeholders (contract holders, maintenance manager) and our contract partners to maintain an effective contractor safety forum
- Establish, develop and maintain procedures for managing contractor safety and documentations to support the site/location based specific requirements
- Support the green-banding process for pre-bid contractor assessment
- Support the HSSE Readiness to Start process for successful contractors
- Monitoring, assessing, auditing and reviewing the contractor safety management process at specified frequencies for effectiveness
- Participate with Contract and Procurement in monthly/quarterly contractor business performance reviews.
- The Qatar Shell GTL Asset is an integrated upstream / downstream world scale Gas to Liquids Plant in the State of Qatar in partnership with Qatar Petroleum. Qatar Shell GTL is critical for both the Shell Group and Qatar through the establishment of a new industry by introducing a new technology that generates clean products for the world market.
- This position provides a unique opportunity to have a direct influence on the safe and operation of Shell's largest ever single capital investment. The incumbent will also develop an understanding of establishing new ventures in what is likely to become a Shell heartland.
- 2,000 to 3,000 contractor partners on site. During the turnaround, this number can be as high as 8,000 ranging from facility management, maintenance, engineering to field project constructions.
- No staff is reporting to this role
- Support delivery of Goal Zero and Safe and Reliable Production at Shell's largest and most profitable Asset.
- Demonstrate personal belief in Goal Zero and role model the Goal Zero Commitments of Pearl GTL. Remain passionate about Goal Zero combined with a healthy level of chronic unease about the current HSSE performance.
- Maintain excellent relations with the internal and external stakeholders and clearly communicate the Business requirements and collaborate with the HSSE Functions to ensure management of HSSE risks and compliance with the applicable Functional requirements.
- Effectively communicate and engage with a large organization. Key stakeholders are HSSE Functions, Contractor Partners, Production, Maintenance, Engineering, Technology, Projects, and Turnaround Teams.
- Maintain excellent relationships with the HSSE Functions. Collaborate with the Functions to ensure management of HSSE risks and compliance with the applicable Functional requirements. Support in delivery and assurance of the HSSE Functional improvement plans.
- Passionate about Personal and Process Safety and the delivery of Goal Zero in a challenging multi-cultural environment
Shell is the largest foreign investor in Qatar and has invested US$ 21 billion in Qatar alone in the past six years. Joining Shell in Qatar will see you work on some of the world's most innovative energy projects: Pearl GTL and Qatargas 4. Innovation is key at Shell, and your career will be propelled by Shell's commitment to your career, which will accelerate your learning curve and broaden your scope. Moreover, our diverse pool of global experts will see you engage with colleagues worldwide. Qatar is the world's largest LNG supplier, and Shell's global leadership in LNG will help forge growth in the years to come.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Minimum Bachelor Degree (preferably in Science subjects) or equivalent industrial experience
- NEBOSH IGC (National Examination Board of Occupational Safety & Health - International General Certificate) or similar certification will be a strong advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Energy, Oil/Gas or Chemical Processing industry - either in Operations and Contracts Management or HSE and Contractor Safety
- A self-starter with analytical skills and ability to organize and plan activities independently
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team with members of various backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is an essential requirement for the job
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video