Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The position of Senior Pipeline Operations, Maintenance and Integrity Engineer is to provide pipeline specific expertise during the Operation phase of pipeline systems. The role provides support to Production Assets and coordinates activities required to safeguard and improve the technical integrity and reliability of the Pipeline System. The Senior Pipeline Operations, Maintenance and Integrity Engineer will be expected to provide the necessary pipeline input and activity coordination in the annual Integrity Review as well as develop and supervise the implementation of the day to day processes required to manage the overall system integrity. In addition, the Senior Pipeline Operations, Maintenance and Integrity Engineer will act as the focal point for change to the pipeline system.
- Development and execution of the Inspection, Maintenance and Emergency Repair schemes for the systematic examination, testing and integrity assurance of the pipeline system including recommendations to maintain and improve integrity to meet required life in a safe, cost-effective manner.
- Performance of the annual Integrity review & update of MRP. Implementation of routine liaisons with statutory bodies, and other third parties in relation to the pipelines.
- Delivery of pipeline engineering support for operations and maintenance activities including upgrades and expansions through close coordination with specific project execution teams.
- Development and maintenance of pipelines asset budget including cost control, downtime, and development of an asset reference plan.
- Provide safety leadership and effective input to the planning & management of HSE, process safety and personnel security in support of SMEP pipeline, flowlines and risers assets
- Closely support the establishment of Pipeline Emergency Response capability
- Responsible for technical integrity and reliability of the assigned SMEP pipeline, flowlines and riser systems
- Deliver all inputs to the pipeline integrity management process for the pipeline, flowlines and riser systems.
- Provide operational and commissioning/start-up support to the operations team
- Plan, schedule and ensure safe execution of PM activities including Operational Pigging, Intelligent Pigging, Underwater Inspection, Geophysical survey and related activities
- Plan, schedule and ensure safe execution of CM activities where required
- Assure integrity of operational pipelines including detailed integrity assessment in line with applicable standards and recommend appropriate mitigations
- Plan and coordinate the investigation of Pipeline-related operational incidents/events. Report findings and implement agreed recommendations
- Perform and evaluate Pipeline Engineering and Fitness for Service Assessment
- Manage contracts related to pipeline inspection and engineering
- Champion the utilization of Shell global work processes (AMS, Performance agreements, HSE management process, Minimum Standards, AIPSM, etc.)
- Evaluation of maintainability, operability, and constructability of new pipelines, flowlines and riser systems (including critical interfaces with third-party terminals, if any).
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements
- Liaise with Asset and Service Teams, External relations and Government Agencies as appropriate.
- Determine and manage strategic spares and strategic support contracts for emergency repairs of Pipelines, Flowlines and Riser System
- Budget estimation for assigned activities
- Identify & manage safety-critical systems, the risks affecting the pipeline, flowlines and riser systems, and ensure that appropriate controls are in place to manage the risks
- Develop inspection, mechanical integrity and corrosion monitoring plans for SMEP pipeline, flowlines and riser assets as assigned
- Develop contracting strategies and put in place/hold relevant pipeline contracts
- Develop and maintain Asset Management Systems and integrity plans for assigned SMEP pipelines, flowlines and riser systems
- Develop and maintain Asset Register for assigned SMEP pipelines, flowlines and risers
- Execute new technology, the development, control and improvement of applicable engineering costs
Monitor, Assure, Improve
- Prepare deviations for TA approval from own discipline engineering standards
- Prepare MOC documents for TA approval from own discipline engineering standards
- Participate in and support Audit and Review Teams
- Closeout outstanding Audit findings
People & Capabilities
- Support the development of JG5 and Graduate Pipeline Engineers via the role of technical coach
- Provide support to diversification processes, if any
- Implement training to address key skills gaps
- Provide Technical Integrity Assurance for assigned SMEP pipeline, flowlines, and riser systems
- Execute planned activities within approved budget
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.
- Asset experience with Pipeline integrity management
- Deepwater Pipeline experience is an added advantage
- Leadership (management of key contractors and of interfaces with key third-party stakeholders)
- Integration across teams and disciplines
- Knowledge sharing and technical coaching
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video