Skills: Corrosion Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Singapore, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Purpose & accountabilities
As part of asset support to Downstream Manufacturing (DSM), the regional Manufacturing Support & Excellence (MSE) is setup based on building strong connection to the bottom line/operating assets with an implementation focus, simplification of the interfaces, integration between disciplines, improved productivity and more strategic partnership with the support teams that remain in PT.
The Senior Material Corrosion Engineer is a part of the Reliability, Engineering, Maintenance, Project and Turnaround (REMPTA) team in the Manufacturing Support and Excellence (MSE) organization, supporting East Downstream Manufacturing Sites.
• Development / maintenance of Downstream specific recommended practices including participation in assurance activities
• Second level troubleshooting and problem solving for the Manufacturing sites
• Deployment (post pilot) of proven technology and practices / processes
• Co-creator of longer term business improvement plan and annual delivery
• Helping in the development of discipline capabilities across sites (partnering with sites) including focal point for agreed items within discipline improvement plans
• Coordinator of support activities from Centre of Excellence including assessing what should be done within the sites or Central Manufacturing
• Facilitating / supporting technical networks & communities across Manufacturing sites
• Supplemental support to Manufacturing sites including turnarounds, site lead projects and unplanned events
- Strengthen site RBI assessments
The successful candidate will:
- Drive performance sustainment and improvement through influence
- Possess credibility with DSM sites
- Develop the capabilities of others, particularly at DSM sites
- Adopt a commercial mindset and take the initiative to benefit DSM sites and thereby help build a sustainable business
- Be effective working in DSM's regional and global operations and with our global partners, including central Project & Technology team and other Shell businesses
- Be a team player and communicator who can work with different cultures and ways-of-working
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Skills & Requirements
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical or Material Science Engineering
- At least 10 years of professional experience delivering or supporting asset integrity work in assets.
- Asset experience in Oil & Gas, Refinery or/and Petrochemical plants
- Able to develop the capabilities of others
- Able to focus on longer term improvements even in the midst of short term challenges
- Building of sustainability both people and processes
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including utilization of causal learning tool
- Strong facilitation skill and influencing skill
- Field Engineering / Construction / Asset- Support experience
- Skill in equipment Integrity & Fitness for Service assessment
- Investigation of Equipment / Piping Failure including metallurgical analysis
- Conversant with various Engineering codes and standards, e.g. API, ASME, NACE, etc
- Design, specify and evaluate material selection and specification for equipment and piping both metallic and non-metallic application
- Develop corrosion and degradation management strategy including fabric maintenance strategy, coating and insulation system application, chemical treatment, cathodic protection, etc.
- Asset Integrity Management and Repair Assessments
- Familiar with various Welding techniques, procedures and testing
- Conversant in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques, technologies, and QA/QC requirements
- Skill in RBI and integration with RCM as part of Equipment Care Strategy (AMS MEC)
- Support during TAs on inspection analysis of integrity of the equipment and specification of repair methods and requirements wherever necessary
- Specification and optimization of IOW based on generic guidelines and applicability at site
- Regularly monitoring data using UTL and PTM and make recommendations based on deviations from IOW limits. Update any IOWs using the site MOC process including Ensure Safe Production (ESP) work process (if applicable).
- Participate and lead in FAIR review/audit and identification of improvement actions co-and development of gap closure plans - monitoring and support of site gap closure activities
- Co-ordination and knowledge sharing including best practices with different assets of Shell.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video