WorleyParsons is recruiting a Senior Risk Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen City Centre on a fixed-term staff basis for 12 months.
- To be responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of all Risk Management activities and associated documents on multiple project scopes / business endeavours.
- Ensure application of Risk Management process to assigned Operating Unit projects throughout their full lifecycles.
- Provide guidance and support of junior Risk Engineers throughout their training.
- To promote and build good working relations within the internal and external teams.
- Maintain a high level awareness and application of Risk Management activities within each project.
- To be fully conversant with the application and use of WorleyParsons Services UK Ltd Risk Management suite of tools and chosen software applications.
- Prepare, update and maintain project Risk Management activities, throughout the project lifecycle and across the 7 step process:
- Ensure the timely issue of accurate, updated Risk Management Plans and associated documents at the agreed intervals.
- Provide guidance to Project personnel in defining Risk Management objectives based on project objectives and support application of the risk process.
- Utilise a number of risk identification techniques in order to facilitate risk identification sessions
- Develop and implement risk assessment criteria as part of a project risk register.
- Assist Risk Owners with the selection of appropriate risk response strategies and development of action plans to address identified risks.
- To assist project or functional personnel in the familiarisation and consistent application of Risk Management software tools and associated process.
- Facilitate Risk workshops and develop project Risk Registers which act as repositories for all risk related information.
- Conduct with Cost / Schedule Risk Analysis Workshop sessions, facilitating workshops and developing associated outputs.
- Support and encourage managers and business units in the use of Decision Analysis on projects where applicable.
- Ensure the timely issue of accurate, updated reports and associated documents at the agreed intervals.
- Regularly engage with project teams, attending and contributing to project meetings as deemed appropriate.
- Provide input to development in project Risk Registers and continual improvement of corporate templates.
- HNC / HND (in relevant discipline)
- IRM International Certificate in Risk Management (or an alternative risk qualification)
- BA or BSc degree (min. 2:1) in Risk Management, alternative subjects considered can include: Project Management, Engineering, other analytical disciplines.
- Previous Risk experience (ideally circa 5 years) across relevant Risk Management activtiies
- Specialist knowledge in Risk Management software, i.e. Primavera Risk Analysis, @Risk / other MCS
- Software and experienced with quantitative risk analysis (i.e. cost / schedule risk analysis).
- Demonstrable involvement within oil gas & industry and / or cross-over experience from a comparable technical industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of the upstream offshore oil and gas industry and / or downstream petrochemical industry.
- Knowledge of various project risk management software applications
- Ability to support departmental audit on both the Risk systems and Risk processes.
- Experience in internal project delivery processes and procedures (e.g. IDM, interaction with DCC.)