Skills: Executive, Logistics Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position will support the Logistics Performance & Post Award Contract Management in:
- Develop and provide integrated Logistics & Infrastructure contract work but not limited to documentation encompassing Business Performance Review, Contractor Management Plan, Contractor Performance Review, Contract Holder & NDCR appointment letters and presentations packs. In addition, compilations of market data, contractor KPIs and communication with contractors and tender holders.
- Assist Logistics Performance & Post Award Contract Management Lead in planning, organizing, directing and controlling tendering and contracting processes in Logistics and Infrastructure.
- Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders (internal & external) interfaces and influence the improvement contract management.
- Logistics and Infrastructure contract performance analysis & market survey analysis (especially Marine vessels).
- Support the Logistics Planning & Contracts Manager in post-award management of the Provision of Fuel with the objective to ensure correct split allocation, stakeholder interface and engagement, and KPIs.
- Collaborate with Contract & Procurement (CP) to develop the rightful contracting strategy while supporting CP / Contract Owners / Contract Holders in the necessary areas pertaining to tenders and contracts as per CMCP.
Principal Accountabilities / Specific Tasks and Targets:
- Principle Delegate to the Logistics Performance & Post Award Contract Management Lead.
- Propose sustainable solutions pertaining to Logistics & Infrastructure contracting and tendering.
- Support Logistics & Infrastructure Budget Holders in managing primary spend to meet costs/spend expectations.
- Act as liaison between Contract Specialist (CS), Logistics Liaison, Logistics Scheduler, Logistics Contract Holders & NDCRs and Contractor on contractual issues
- Assist Logistics Performance & Post Contract Award Management (where necessary) in pre-Contract award activities which include preparation of Tender Plans, presentation of papers to Tender Committees and technical evaluation.
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure diesel fuel recovery payments are made in a timely manner
- Assist Labuan materials team in managing diesel fuel purchase allocation split from Petronas Dagangan Berhad (PDB) and Shell Timur Sdn Bhd (STSB) e.g. overdue invoices
- Responsible for performance tracking i.e. monthly Approved Contract Value (ACV) monitoring and continuous improvement to ensure Top Quartile (TQ).
- Ensure accuracy in recovery letters to contractors.
- Ensure timely submission of tender documents.
- Custodian of Contractor Management Plan (CMP) & Contractor HSSE Plan - to be updated every quarter
- Custodian of all Logistics & Infrastructure tenders/contract documents and filing.
- Assist in preparation and coordination of Business Performance Review - annually
- Organise meetings with contractors with regards to contractor performance
- Organise Logistics contract review for Logistics & Infrastructure Leadership Team
- Attend Logistics & Infrastructure contractor meetings and daily Logistics safety meetings
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.
- Minimum Diploma in Logistics / Supply Chain Management disciplines or equivalent.
- Preferably Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Warehouse/Supply Base/Port Management with not less than 3 years' experience in EP environment or subject matter.
- Working knowledge in various logistics work streams i.e. marine, land transport, aviation, supply base etc. and the related legislative. Also, working knowledge in Infrastructure function/discipline.
- Good stakeholder management.
- Good leadership skills.
- Outstanding vendor management, customer-centric and performance oriented
- Competent tendering, contracting and HSSE management skills
- Good conceptual knowledge in supply chain management
- Passionate in people management and development
- Great in performance management and continuous improvement culture.
- Demand Management.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Processes and Strategy, including Commercial Modelling
- Develop & Manage Suppliers.
• Rapid changes in demand pattern create challenges in meeting the business requirement.
• Mis-alignment in Contracting strategies with Contracting & Procurement
• Support the business delivery on time and with required quality whilst satisfying operational requirements
• Assure cost-effective, technologically advanced, efficient and safe operations through the setting of strategy and implementation plan.
• The ability to cultivate and maintain a good working relationship with Logistics teams
• Understanding of the complex Logistics business activities clearly.
• Identifying opportunities for improving HSSE in the Logistics & Infrastructure dept.
• Interpreting and applying rules and regulations, legislation and published guidance to actual and planned transactions/ scenarios.
• Able to consult and resolve with the different Logistics teams both internal & external on any problems that may arise and able to obtain information from them on any changes in vessel contracts
• Must be able to work under pressure and avoid costly downtime.
• Custodian of confidential information, which demands good work ethics.
• Able to respond at short notice to assist during any emergency.
• Support the business delivery on time and with required quality whilst satisfying operational requirements.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video