Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Waste & Soils Engineer/Scientist located in Houston, TX through January 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This ETC position provides technical expertise for environmental waste, soil, and sediment planning and management for Chevron's operations enterprise-wide.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Maintains knowledge of a wide variety of waste and soil management/remediation technologies, practices, and facilities.
• Manages internal and external research and development projects and develops and implements new technology.
• Supports capital projects, corporate waste and environmental initiatives, opco technical standards development, development and delivery of training, and joint industry projects.
• Evaluates new technologies and internal and external waste management facilities and practices.
• Provides technical support for regulations, legal, and or regulatory advocacy.
• Provides technical leadership on project teams, communities of practice, and development of enterprise standards. Mentors junior staff.
• Participates in joint industry associations and projects, and research consortia.
• Master's degree in Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering or related environmental science
• Minimum 5 years relevant waste/soil management, remediation, and research experience
• Experience guiding and managing R&D efforts to develop new technologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate technical issues effectively to a diverse audience.
• Ability to facilitate technical discussions and resolutions with business partners and teams.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environments.
• Ability to successfully influence peers, business unit representatives, external consultants, regulators and, or other key stakeholders to allow informed decision making supported by technical analysis.
• PhD preferred
• Oil and Gas Industry experience is desired
• Knowledgeable in selection and implementation of a wide variety of waste, soil, sludge, and sediment management/remediation technologies such as landfill, bioremediation, thermal/chemical/physical treatment, beneficial reuse, mercury management, and emerging remediation technologies.
• Knowledge of risk-based decision-making and waste regulations. Global consulting and field experience.
• Technical leadership on project teams, communities of practice, and development of enterprise standards.
• Participation in joint industry associations and projects, and research consortia.
• Position will be located in Houston, TX
• Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
• Travel: This job requires travel, approximately 30% travel, domestic and/or international
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.