Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Angelo, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, reconditions and services oil field equipment, systems and components to ensure continuous operation with all appropriate regulations, and Basic's policies, practices, and procedures. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Area Manager, Area Superintendent, or Field Supervisor
Directs Reports: Yardhand
Major duties to include one or more of the following:
- Performs diagnosis and provides consultation for problems on various types of oil well service equipment based on reports from the field
- Checks mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble, adjusting functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary or determines other actionable steps to resolve issues
- Performs required repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Consults with DOT drivers at checkpoints to assist in resolving problems as necessary
- Acts as liaison between drivers and management in resolving mechanical issues
- Cleans, lubricates, or adjusts parts equipment, or machinery
- Travel may be required to the field to conduct repair work
- May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics and rebuilding components
- Minimum 3 years' experience as mechanic
- Must have experience in using hand tools
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of employees
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- ASC certified
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Occasional lifting and carrying of 10-50 lbs may be necessary when performing repairs to equipment both in the yard and in the field
- May be required to enter tight spaces or other areas by the use of ladders or other access devices
- Physical activity including long periods of standing, squatting, kneeling, reaching or similar activities may be necessary
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions and may be either in a shop environment or outside in the field in all temperatures.
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- This is a non-safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment