Skills: CAD / CAM, Modeling
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Ville Platte, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Modeler Engineer is responsible for providing analysis of variant configuration implementation requirements to determine technical and economic feasibilities. This person will provide variant configuration technical support to lower level modelers, sales, manufacturing, and engineering staff. Ensures variant configuration design consistency and overall product line model quality / results. The Modeler Engineer will assures the establishment and maintenance of variant configuration technical document files and support tables. Provides technical assistance and direction in variant configuration product modifications or design changes to variant configuration support or project team(s). Guides and coordinates efforts of lower level modelers and support personnel. Accountable to organize, plan and select support staff, this position can be at the plant, divisional or group support level. A majority of this positions time is allocated to new model implementations and / or providing modeling support. Works under general guidelines from and reports to the Engineering Manager or divisional / group level variant configuration management.
- Responsible for the design, evaluation, and model testing related to new or existing SAP variant configuration implementations.
- Ensures variant configuration design consistency and overall product line model quality and results. Assures the establishment and maintenance of variant configuration technical document files and support tables.
- Troubleshoots variant configuration related problems and proposes solutions and plans of action; Executes the proposed solutions and plans of action to resolve problems;
- Helps insure that the models are robust, easily maintainable and useable by all levels of the variant configuration user or support community;
- Makes recommendations for variant configuration or SAP related development work;
- Participates in variant configuration task groups and sales/engineering variant configuration presentations to help increase customer satisfaction and throughput of sales orders;
- Accountable to organize, plan and select support staff for VC projects which can be at the plant, divisional or group support level;
- Reviews and approves VC related project deliverables;
* B.S. in Engineering or equivalent technical (VC Modeler Engineer and VC Lead Modeler Engineer) or SAP experience and years of related technical experience.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.