Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is based in Midland, TX and reports to the location Product & Service Delivery Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support to the sales organization and to clients.
- Assists with Engineering prototype applications and New Technology (NT) market introductions
- Drives New Technology sales and provides technical sales support for opportunities identified by front line sales team in GeoMarket or location.
- Performs internal and external marketing activities such as technology presentations, lunch and learns, workshops, and technology launches.
- Develops appropriate relationships with key senior technical personnel within the client's organization by becoming a Technical Reference/Advisor.
- Analyzes, benchmarks and evaluates product performance to ensure a competitive position is maintained and initiates new or modified design requests to meet the operational goals of the geography
- Assists with field-based Applications Analysis (modeling & simulation) to enable Operations to effectively sell our Products and Services with a differentiable advantage.
- Delivers Real-Time parameter monitoring as required to support execution.
- Creates Technical Papers, Case Studies and capture Lessons Learned into InTouch based on the experiences of the GeoMarket or location.
- Participates in the Failure investigation and analysis process (recommends preventive actions). Analyzes benchmarks and evaluates the product performance that may initiate sustaining product design requests.
- Participates in internal product quality reviews with Reliability, Engineering and Sustaining.
- Conducts audits and inspections as requested or scheduled.
- Complies with all Company & Regulatory HS&E & Quality and IT standards and policies. Wears all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required & maintains required HS&E & SQ certifications up-to-date
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum BSc in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Petroleum.
- 4+ years of previous experience in Drilling operations, a good understanding of the drilling mechanics and Bits.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal & written
- Strong team work skills
- Must show strong organizational and time management skills
- Sense of responsibility and accountability
- Curious and inquisitive mind, innovative and self-learner
- Adaptability, willing to work in harsh or extreme environments and conditions
- Always eager to take a hands-on approach, should not be reluctant to get his/her hands dirty
- Works well under pressure
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.