Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
CORPORATE HSE & QUALITY
CORPORATE QA/QC ENGINEER
Primary Purpose of Job
To direct and be the single focal point responsible for the Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) matters in projects at the corporate level.Establish, maintain and communicate the corporate QA/QC requirements for projects and ensure that the QP Projects' Assets are designed, procured, constructed, installed, maintained and operated with due consideration for the implementation of the specified QA/QC requirements.Monitor planning and implementation of these QA/QC requirements during all the project phases starting from Project Initiation up to Project Handover as per corporate and project gate approval procedures.Issue and update the technical standards for fabrication, welding, inspection and testing of mechanical components such as pipelines, piping, offshore platforms and steel structures.
• B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering / Metallurgical and/or higher engineering degree is preferable.
• Professional qualifications in quality and inspection by ISO/ ASME/ API/ NACE/ ASNT, is preferable.
• IRCA Registered or equivalent qualified Lead auditor QMS 9001 and OHSAS 18001 as minimum.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 15 years of relevant QA/QC experience in major Oil & Gas Industries & projects, covering the projects different stages; feasibility, FEED, EPIC including detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, installation & hook-up and pre-commissioning/commissioning, with minimum of 8 years in similar position is preferable.
• Familiarity with QP QMS and quality requirements in projects is preferable.
• Proven experiences in developing and updating projects quality requirements, technical specifications and procedures relevant to O&G projects and experiences in bids evaluation and qualifying of new Contractors/Subcontractors, TPIs/TPCs, NDT providers and testing labs.
• Familiar with relevant International codes, engineering specification of other O&G majors in Oil & Gas industry, in particular, with Shell DEPs is an added advantage.
• Having adequate working knowledge in the manufacturing inspection and certification processes for static equipment/ piping/ materials in O & G projects and the associated QA/QC practices. Working knowledge in fabrication, construction, welding, NDE and testing is essential, and adequate experiences in materials selection, failure investigation, and ECA.
• Highly computer literate.• Excellent report writing skills and excellent verbal and written command of English.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.