Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Serve as employee relations consultant for areas such as job classification, compensation, organizational structure or other Human Resources related issues. Provides assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures and documentation.
Reports to: Region Vice President, or Region/Division HR Manager with dotted line to Director, Human Resources
Directs Reports: None
- Coordinates with the Region/Division and Area management to develop and implement creative employee recruiting strategies
- Provides recommendations, interpretation and counsel regarding applicable human resources rules, regulations, policies and procedures such as staffing plans, classification and compensation
- Assists Region/Division or Area management in counseling employees regarding performance problems; where appropriate, coaches managers through the disciplinary and/or termination process in order to minimize exposure to litigation and/or EEOC charges
- Travels extensively in assigned geographic region and to meetings/conferences
- Conducts investigations as needed in coordination with Corporate Human Resources
- Serves as employee advocate for employees who have complaints or concerns about employment related issues
- Conducts or schedules various types of training
- Reviews all new hire, pay changes, transfer, and separation paperwork for compliance with corporate policies
- Assists management and employees in complying with Company policies regarding FMLA, STD, LTD, Extended Leave of Absence, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources management or related area or equivalent experience
- Ability to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines as well as federal and state employment laws
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee data
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time
- PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP Certification
- Previous HR experience in oil and gas industry
Physical Requirements and Typical Working Conditions:
- Long periods of sitting or standing
- Finger agility for keyboarding
- Infrequent light physical effort (i.e. bending, reaching)
- Ability to lift to 35 lbs.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment