Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Sales, Chemical Engineering, Refinery Specialist
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Strong Base Salary + Bonus + Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits + RRSP
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Our partner is a leading international specialty chemicals company with sales in excess of $1 billion. With a global team of approximately 2000 employees, located in more than 20 countries, their footprint in market is both large and varied. Relying on manufacturing plants housed in North America and Europe, our partner produces innovative chemical solutions for the oil refinery, oilfield and personal care markets.
Enjoying unprecedented growth over the past 20 years in North America and especially Canada, this market leader in chemical additives requires a motivated and experienced refinery focused Technical Sales Specialist/ Account Manager for Eastern Canada. Critical to this role is the ability to excel in developing and executing sales plans to prospects in pursuit of market share expansion, while keeping strong momentum within existing accounts in the Eastern Canadian Refinery and Petro-Chemical space.
A consummate professional, your previous technical sales experience (minimum three years) within the additives/chemical space and extensive refinery and petrochemical plant experience will be critical requirements for this position. Residing in Ontario or Quebec and working from a home office, this role will consist of travel within Canada to prospect/customer locations.
This is a career game changer - where you will join an experienced team who love what they do, strive for excellence and create meaningful, long term careers.
- Develop and execute sales plans in existing accounts and in targeted prospective accounts, to meet territory revenue and profit goals.
- Develop strong business supply relationships with key decision makers in current and targeted customer accounts at all levels.
- Work closely with account base and prospects to bring business needs and enterprise solutions together in a positive, professional environment.
- Develop proposals, quotations and deliver presentations to customers and prospects to maintain and grow territory. Provide routine technical support and resources, as required.
- Provide periodic account reviews to ensure supply satisfaction, key performance indicators are met, and optimal performance is delivered.
- Actively sell and support company innovations and technology to assigned customers and competitively held strategic accounts.
- Extensive travel within Ontario and Quebec to both established customers and prospective refineries/petrochemical plants. Participate in trade shows and industry functions.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential new programs.
- Plan sales and service activities proactively to ensure maximum return on time investment within territory. Maintain current customer contact database within company guidelines.
- Conduct business within company policy and compliance requirements.
- Familiar with these key product lines: Corrosion Inhibitors, Antioxidants, Cetane Improvers, H2S Scavengers, Metal Deactivators, Lubricity Additives, and Conductivity Improvers.
- Experience - Minimum 3 years outside technical B2B sales experience in chemical / fuel additives for refinery applications and within Canada's Oil & Gas Industry. Specialty chemical recommendations and applications experience is essential and extensive refinery experience is required. The chosen candidate must be organized, self-motivated, able to self-manage, possessing excellent relationship building skills and a strong ability to conduct cold calls.
- Education - Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or technical diploma combined with field sales experience
- Knowledge - Technical knowledge of chemical additives for refinery applications. Familiar with the following product lines: Corrosion Inhibitors, Antioxidants, Cetane Improvers, H2S Scavengers, Metal Deactivators, Lubricity Additives, and Conductivity Improvers. Knowledge of diesel and gasoline engine technology is preferred.
- Sales Skills - Previous successful experience creating customer specific solutions and responding to technical proposals (both solicited and unsolicited) is key. Previous experience generating new business including cold calling
- Excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational abilities required.
- History of delivering results with minimal supervision, self-starter, self-motivated project management experience
- Language - Proficiency in both English and French is a necessity for success in this role.
- Highly competitive base salary and performance bonus
- Company vehicle
- Excellent benefits with unmatched medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Impressive RRSP program with company match, pension
Interested? Sound like you? Let's Chat!